VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2 - Page 16
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Default Problem with Juggle

When I hold down the Juggle On button I sometimes (randomly) have to hit the cue buttons at the bottom two or three times before Traktor jumps to the cue.

I tried re-installing Traktor/.tsi, restarting, etc., all with no luck. The data send button lights up for both the Juggle On button and the Cue 1 button (Sync), so it's unlikely to be a VCI-100 data send integrity issue but you never know.

I'm running Traktor Pro 1.1.2 on an MBP with VCI-100 firmware 1.1

Please help--this is really frustrating.

Tech Guru

It's not a problem with the tsi file, but I've noticed this behavior too. When it happens for me its just once though- second press brings it to the cue. It seems pretty random, but I think it may have something to do with the way Traktor is caching the track. Notice the yellow bars that move along the waveform. If you start the track say at cue 2, the track starts caching from that point on. A jump to cue 1 can then either sound a touch crackly (observed), or maybe display the behavior we're talking about (have to test). I've found that as long as the track's been cached fully from start to end, it seems to work ok, but I'll look into it.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

That makes sense because I only started to notice the phenomenon after switching from a much faster iMac that would turn the track yellow almost instantly.

I've waited until the track has been fully loaded, and it seems to work OK so far. I wonder if there is a way to increase the speed at which the track loads...

Thanks for the response, and let me know if you uncover something.

Tech Guru

You can at least increase the cache size, to ensure that once the track is loaded, it remains in the cache in full. According to the Traktor Bible 128MB cache size will keep 4.5 minutes in the cache. The 256MB option will be reintroduced in a future version.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Default VCI-100SE_2_2_8.tsi Import Error Message

Having major problems getting the tsi file to import correctly

When importing the file the ticked boxes are:

MIDI Mapping
    GUI Layout
    Effect Settings
    All Other Parameters and Settings

I immediately get the following error message flashing at the bottom of the screen

WARNING: Accessor information has unknown version. Therefore it has been ignored.

What does this mean??

I've tried importing the file with the 'MIDI Mapping' tickbox unchecked and the file import fine, although this is useless?

Someone Help

Quote Originally Posted by soerensus View Post
    After some minutes playtime, the only thing I found was the "EQ/FX" buttons also toggle the bank select. So when u press the button it turn the bank 1/2 off for deck A/B. I dont know if this is on purpose. but you may still want to play with FX with the regulare FX section when going to "EQ mode".

Love the new loop mode though, great work ean.
    Same problem here...

Firmware 1.3 - Tsi 2_2_8

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Same problem here...

Firmware 1.3 - Tsi 2_2_8
    i cannot reproduce this issue. could you describe the steps in more detail?
    i tried having no banks selected, all banks selected, only one bank selected. i tried with deck c or deck d or both enabled. never did hitting the eq fx buttons have any effect on the selection of the fx banks.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Default TSI not fully working?

1. I updated my vci to firmware 1.3 (the setup said it was successful and I followed all of the steps exactly as the youtube showed.

2. I installed the new kicka$$ overlay.

3. I downloaded the tsi file for traktor pro. I am currently using version 1.1.2 on a 24 inch iMac.

Here is where the problem starts...

Half of the functions in the overlay do not match the overlay. The snap button will not turn off. The quantize and sample buttons don't work. Shift only works for a few functions. The effects section is all screwed up. And yes, when I imported the tsi file I checked both midi and effects boxes.

It is almost as if the tsi updated some things but left others the way the standard vci map worked?

Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.

Tech Wizard

so I'm seeing that there are a loooot of problems with the VCI-100 as soon as you pull it out of the box and I'm second guessing on whether I should still get it :S are most of these problems being fixed? or will we just have to live with it all? anyone know if i should still invest my $550 in this

Default Kevzzz

I don't think I had any problems with the vci "out of the box."

My only is issue that when I upgraded the firm ware from 1.2 to 1.3 and, put on the overlay, (keep in mind the unit is still working) the suggested midi map for the new SE overlay doesn't seem to load into traktor pro correctly.

I am sure there is an easy way to fix that problem. And it is most likely with traktor, not the vci. I personally have about 5 different controllers and setups. I would have to say that, performance wise, the vci is the most fun to work with. I know MANY djs who use it and absolutely love it.

In my opinion, it is worth the money. Now you can get them a little cheaper as well, I believe?