VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2 - Page 14
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Gate and drive effects on FX2 are misplaced. Everything else is great. DJTT is nuts

Hi,

Question:

With the new Overlay and the 2.2 TSI and the 1.3 FW, are the 4 controll buttons under the jog wheel still used for the 4 cue points?
    If i understand correctly, this should be activated in Juggle Mode?

Sarasin
    Last edited by sarasin; 06-12-2009 at 12:43 AM.

Tech Mentor

how would i change the default loop from 8 to 16 on both decks of the TSI when the loop 8/active button is pressed on the vci?

thanks!

Tech Guru

in general if you want to change/fix something in the TSI, the easiest approach is to define a new mapping (doesnt matter which one, but i suggest something obscure that you do not have in our customizations or ean's original TSI), and learn the midi button you want to change, then sort by the assignments column. this way you can easily find the assignments in ean's TSI. remove the assignment you added, select the assignment you want to change and off you go.

should make fixing the drive/gater mix up a breeze and should also make changing the default loop length easy (in this case its a direct assignment with a specific value .. change it from 8 to 16).
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Hey long time forum lurker, first time poster. Love the TSI, just ordered the SE overlay to go with it.

Only issue I've noticed so far has been with juggle mode. I don't know if i'm missing something but I can only juggle 4 cue points. I usually have more than this on my tracks and was thinking that the sync/drop/pause/play under deck B's jog wheel could be used for the next 4 cue points?

Sorry if i'm just being stupid and you can actually do this

EDIT

Oh and i'm using firmware 1.2

You could do this but what happenes if you want to juggle the other deck??
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    You could do this but what happenes if you want to juggle the other deck??
    Usually I only juggle one at a time, but I get your point.

Maybe a way to switch between juggle modes or something, like juggle focus deck, and juggle deck A/B etc.

Tech Guru

I have implemented a solution. It works with the dock in focus. However it requires bome's to get all of this working. Check out the blog post I linked above, it even includes a link to a youtube video I did that shows how things work. Do note that the TSI linked in the blog post includes various other changes and improvements, though they all just add functionality (by using shift in a few places), they do not change any behavior.
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Mentor

In other words, I just want to change Ean's TSI 8 loop to 16 loop, rather than hitting active for the 8 loop and shift+loop to set it to 16 all the time.

Which direct assignment would I need to modify to change this?

Tech Guru

I am seeing an issue in fader mode. Jog wheel adjusts the dry/wet and activates the reverb. Pitch fader adjusts the reverb size. So far so good. However the volume fader also adjusts the dry/wet (figured it should adjust the reverb size as well?) and it does not do a freeze. Now I guess the issue is that it does not put the given filter section into advanced mode.