VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2 - Page 13
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

For those interested in hotcue 5-8 access on a 4 deck config check out:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5463

This tsi might hold the solution to how to get things done in the DJTT tsi.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Convert

I've watched the videos and this is a great map from what I've seen. I'd purchase the layout, I'm just a little iffy about one thing.

Must I do the firmware upgrade? The extra $20 or whatever it is plus the hassle? Or will this map work with my recently purchased VCI out of the box?

I think the map and layout are amazing and well worth the money, just don't want to do the firmware upgrade as I think it is a little unnecessary...

Unless someone can tell me exactly what the upgrade does? Since I've yet to come across a good explanation..

http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457

It's a sticky in the Firmware subforum

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457

It's a sticky in the Firmware subforum
    thank you.

so i need 1.3 to utilize 2.2 fully?

uh, yup.

Not really ... Its totally useable with firmware 1.2 just a few bugs .... 4th effects button and one of the cues seems to be linked and there is an issue with the deck c controls ... No major biggies though I used it for ages before upgrading
    Check out the mapping page as it tells you exactly what the issues are.
    Get on it get it downloaded , 99 percent of it all works fine.

Hope that answer helps you out a little
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Guru

i am really confused about the assignments in the effect mode. at first it come out with the effects being totally bogus compared to the overlay labeling, though i do not remember ever having messed with the midi settings:
    http://screencast.com/t/dKFvox5r48y

then i reimported the midi and effect settings from the official tsi and now things are mostly fixed as only the gater and the mullholland drive are mixed:
    http://screencast.com/t/f2c4068g

anyone got a hint for me whats going on?

update: i guess its a bug and i fixed that along with several additions.
    Last edited by lsmith; 06-05-2009 at 01:46 AM. Reason: added url to a blog post with the fixes
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Guru

another issue i have found is that when i press the juggle on button, while the juggle knob is turned, it actually permanently turns off juggle mode, even though the knob is still set to on. i was expecting that if i press the juggle on button while the knob is turned to on, that it would temporarily throw me back to normal non juggle mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    Hey guys - You can program the addition of the cues 5-8 without a third modifier state. I have many similar functions in my own tsi, but really the key to it is the values of the modifiers. It can be a tricky and time-consuming process though, and it helps if you're really familiar with the tsi you're working on. Here's the basic idea behind the way I do it:

Command Duplication.
    Say you've got your two modifiers acting on a function, and that function is getting in the way of the thing you want to do. Program a button or key to change the values of the modifiers in question to values that are not being used by other commands. Then program the new commands using those modfiers and values. Then you duplicate the commands for the functions you still want to be active while in that state, making sure that they are using the new modifiers/values, while also making sure that you are not executing those commands that are being replaced by your new functions. This way in practice, nothing changes in terms of your controller's functionality except for the addition of the new function.
    Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I understand. Can you illustrate?

Say I'm in tsi 2.2 Juggle mode & I want to Shift+cue1 to trigger cue5, how would I go about doing this? A few screenshots would help...

Cheers,

M

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I understand. Can you illustrate?

Say I'm in tsi 2.2 Juggle mode & I want to Shift+cue1 to trigger cue5, how would I go about doing this? A few screenshots would help...

Cheers,

M
    X2

That would be badass to be able to cue 5-8 like that!!!!
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast