VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2 - Page 10
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Hey guys i have been following djtechtools for some while but have only received my vci 100 recently so please bear with me

im using the firmware 1.2- and was using the previous djtechtools mapping (version vci-100SE-1-4-20.tsi ) this was a fantastic mapping but this new one looks even better!!!!!

however i prefer the platter settings for performance effects of the previous 1-4-20.tsi- how can i change it back? the settings which i refer to are those when if effects mode....if i spin the platter the effect will remain engaged wheras in the previous tsi -spinning did not keep the effect engaged

would it also be possible for someone to create a button setting wherby the buttons light up in accorddance with what mode you are using- ie performance mode or effects mode....as with this new tsi i have no way of knowing apart from looking if the tiny knob is on or not!!!

i assume that is because there are no controller settings on the tsi? am i being stupid or something i dont know

just hope some people can clarify these things for me

ok infact all the other modes apart from fader fx change colours of buttons

how can i make it so when fader fx is engaged a light comes up?

Tech Guru

Can anyone confirm if while in decks c /d, the fx assignment do not work..They seem to only work for decks A/B?.or maybe I have an older beta. If so, this can easily be modified.
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Im using TSI 2_2.8, w/ fw1.3, and can confirm that my fx assignment buttons and leds work for both decks A/B and C/D

Tech Guru

..cool to know but, is the version online (midi map) the same is the one from the mail out on April 17th?

"VCI-100SE 2.2FINAL"
    Last edited by claudek; 05-26-2009 at 03:45 PM.
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

So until I can get my hands on a new overlay, I've had to improvise
    see pic attached

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    ..cool to know but, is the version online (midi map) the same is the one from the mail out on April 17th?

"VCI-100SE 2.2FINAL"
    2.2.8 is the newest map, it is different than the 2.2FINAL

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    So until I can get my hands on a new overlay, I've had to improvise
    see pic attached
    I am considering doing the same until the arcade overlays become available...
    Last edited by jthompsn; 05-26-2009 at 06:37 PM.
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Alright people not been on here in a while been moving house.
    Any way when i first loaded the tsi the EQ effects were wrong but thats right now, The problem is in fader fx mode, the fader controls the Dry/Wet and does not engage freeze mode,i am using FW 1.3 and it works with the older tsi.
    Any body got any ideas

Thanks for all your work Ian love my Vci

Macbook 2.4Ghz 4Gb, Traktor Scratch Pro ,Vci 100 FW 1.3 Vestax PMC 580 Pro Vestax PDX 2000

Tech Guru

Is there any way to quickly seek through a track? I would assume that the jog wheel would in some mode support a very quick seek through the track. I guess pressing shift and in the middle stores cue points, but maybe shift and on the outside should cause a seek?

Another question, that I first posted on the blog entry for the walkthrough, but I guess it better fits here:
    Playing around with the different modes. One “issues” I noticed was that when I switch from one mode to another and start messing with a knob for example, the current position of the knob takes immediate effect.

So lets say I was using the wet dry on the FX section and turned it down. Now I switch into loop mode and when I want to mess that that knob, I end up with an ultra short loop length.

Whats the best practice to deal with this?
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    Whats the best practice to deal with this?
    Check the small box in those midi commands that says "soft takeover".
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast