Traktor Scratch Poor (a.k.a. Ghetto Timecode Control) - Page 6
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

yea you gotta wonder,although i would have asked the same questions about the beatport article. however the answers may have been different
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    What are you really gaining by posting and endorsing this article?
    What are the consequences of posting this endorsed article?
    Is it worth any foreseeable trouble?
    1) Me personally? Nothing. I'm not on DJTT's payroll or anything, and I just want to give back to the community that got me back into DJing.

2) Again, nothing that I could see for me personally, if DJTT stands to lose some substantial relationship perks with NI then any DJTT employee is welcome to tell me to stop putting time into this.

3) If this makes it possible for just one person to explore and play with timecode vinyl, and helps them reconnect with music the way that DJTT has for me, then yes it's worth it for me.

ETA is this Friday for the vid/article, by the way.

Tech Wizard

This thread was linked on the NI forum shortly after it was started here, so it really does not matter where this article was/is posted, someone would have linked it to the DJTT forum as well.

Mudo

NI & Serato are closed solutions non innovative, only stable and "standard" but ITCH for example and "closed" protocol which it has is only midi 14 bits (pitch bend and mtc) and HID protocol dressed as "optimized link between soft and hard".

Closed by handshaking like Akai APC40 and limiting the creativity for gain control of market.

I must learn electronics and Pure Data for doing it myself but when I done it, I will share it freely because ITCH and Handshakes are not "Standard", the standard is MIDI, HID and (it coming) OSC.

Sell knowledge in closed form is no other than Fear to Freedom of choice.

I share my ideas and I saw them in many "improvements". Call me madman, I know what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    yea you gotta wonder,although i would have asked the same questions about the beatport article. however the answers may have been different
    I should have addressed this before my post...the Beatport article wasn't about finding a way to cheat Beatport out of money...it was to legitimately pay for your songs while going through territory restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by ctran View Post
    1) Me personally? Nothing. I'm not on DJTT's payroll or anything, and I just want to give back to the community that got me back into DJing.

2) Again, nothing that I could see for me personally, if DJTT stands to lose some substantial relationship perks with NI then any DJTT employee is welcome to tell me to stop putting time into this.

3) If this makes it possible for just one person to explore and play with timecode vinyl, and helps them reconnect with music the way that DJTT has for me, then yes it's worth it for me.

ETA is this Friday for the vid/article, by the way.
    My questions weren't directed to you

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    This thread was linked on the NI forum shortly after it was started here, so it really does not matter where this article was/is posted, someone would have linked it to the DJTT forum as well.
    That was me

Don't get me wrong. I think it's interesting and all, but I'm not about condoning an exploitation in a product that I (along with others) are vested in. I think.

I will check with NI and see what the official position on this kind of thing is but to be honest i see it this way:
    You need to buy Traktor Scratch Pro (so you are still buying a NI product)

but instead using another sounds card to get your inputs into the computer. Eventually this person is likely to upgrade to a audio 4 or audio 8. it seems that if it enables people to test out a product and then legitimately buy the hardware if they want to use this method- so no serious harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    I will check with NI and see what the official position on this kind of thing is but to be honest i see it this way:

but instead using another sounds card to get your inputs into the computer. Eventually this person is likely to upgrade to a audio 4 or audio 8. it seems that if it enables people to test out a product and then legitimately buy the hardware if they want to use this method- so no serious harm done.
    That was your six hundreth and sixty-sixth post. lol

Mudo

lol

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post

...I know my first reply had nothing to do with your post, so I apologize.

NI has a demo version which serves this purpose. Similar to Serato in terms of functionality of the software with timecode.

The 'no serious harm done' can be viewed as serious harm being done. People will just buy TPro, no matter which version, and then download just 1.1.1 (or whatever). Never even attempting to download the latest version AND a Traktor certified soundcard / mixer.

Just my thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    That was your six hundreth and sixty-sixth post. lol
    wooooo!

[QUOTE=Chilly;42691]I should have addressed this before my post...the Beatport article wasn't about finding a way to cheat Beatport out of money...it was to legitimately pay for your songs while going through territory restrictions.[QUOTE]

ya good call.
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast