Traktor Scratch Poor (a.k.a. Ghetto Timecode Control) - Page 30
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

You have to use the Audio 8 with the new updates I'm pretty sure, but if you have it why not use it!

Tech Student

Thanks for your reply!
    Ok, then i'm gonna use my audio8.

My plan was to sell the audio8 and get an a&h xone 2d instead of, but if this doesn't work i will buy another xone 1d.

Tech Mentor

Ah I see, one other option would be to upgrade to a Traktor certified mixer, the list is available here
    http://www.native-instruments.com/in...ed&L=1&rdrctd=
    They all have built in sound cards and will work with TSP without the Audio 8

Tech Wizard

nice work...

Tech Mentor

OK so it's been a while since I've been using TSP. I gave Ms Pinky my best shot and now I am back to Traktor.

If using Vinyl control, is it no longer possible to route Traktor as separate decks to Ableton, using Soundflower and the Audio 8 combined in an aggregate device named Audio 8 DJ?

Tech Mentor

Anyone?

Default Routing

JuanSOLO: Correct, you won't be able to do that. I just installed 1.2.7 with my fingers crossed, but nope, no smart mixing this Christmas. I stumbled upon another thread that made me sick to my stomach. People have actually purchased two soundcards just to record/Smart Mix with timecode! I wasn't as upset about this before, but reading over these threads, I see that I'm not as much of an edge case as I originally thought. It seems NI didn't bother to pay any mind to fixing routing, again leaving paying users in the cold (Nobody wanting to route with their Audio 8 is pirating TSP, period.). While Ableton and Serato users Smart Mix their hearts out, NI doesn't seem interested, at all. This really pains me to say it, but I almost wish I went with SSL instead (even though it sounds horrible, etc). It appears that TSP is on life support anyway (retailing for $299 with the a8 now that the s4 is out), NI should fix this (just enable timecode on any interface name as long as the NI A4/A8 driver reports a connected interface (and if you're anal about it, as long as it's not an aggregate) ) before they push out their last update of TSP Here's hoping 1.2.8 doesn't suck/ever happens :/
    Last edited by insurgentdjs; 11-21-2010 at 02:37 AM.

Tech Mentor

I dont have extra RCA cables at the moment, but I believe you can run Out 1/2 to IN 5/6 and OUT 3/4 to IN 7/8 on the Audio 8 and then set up Ableton to capture the 5/6 and 7/8 inputs.

However, the Audio 8 may not let you use 5/7 and 7/8 as inputs at the same time? Dont remember right now.

What happens when you want to use a mic? Or a sampler? Or an Audio 2/ Audio 4? As Steve Jobs would say, it's a bag full of hurt!

Tech Mentor

That seems to be the rub.