Traktor Scratch Poor (a.k.a. Ghetto Timecode Control) - Page 28
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dubba Dutch View Post
    from Chilly's highly entertaining hissy fits
    Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut SACK

Anyway,

Anyone know loopholes to get out of shit I don't want to pay for? Car, Gas, Electric, Water, Cable...GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post

Anyone know loopholes to get out of shit I don't want to pay for? Car, Gas, Electric, Water, Cable...GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You could head to the mountains!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7nqx...eature=related
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

"I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Man, having not read this thread at all before I have just spent the last hour reading it.

Very interesting stuff as Double Dutch said, i have gleaned a few points though that someone maybe able to clear up:

1) Traktor never state that you HAVE to use their cards, only that some are certified, therefore I'm still lost as to what is the problem? You buy the software and the TC vinyls, surely all you are doing is routing the sound in so why does this have to be NI cert'd?

2) Also I think if anyone really wants to do this and cheat the system then they will just download cracks, hacks, smacks..... whatever you want to call them? I have always loved the honesty of people on here towards official software and I'm of the same opinion that piracy is non defendable but I just want it clearing up why the sound card is such a biggy?

p.s I'm not trying to trawl old arguments but being totally separate from all of this (ie don't use timecode, VCI only + traktor, don't understand programming etc etc) just want to understand?

p.p.s all my stuff is official and paid for.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Yeah, your point is valid (don't HAVE to use certified card) but the point by NI is that they don't want to be responsible for people using bad sound cards.. So they fully support some sound cards to make sure every one who uses it is 100% satisfied.

Well, hackers will hack.. yeah

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Default Just for balance and correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyoog View Post
    1) Traktor never state that you HAVE to use their cards, only that some are certified, therefore I'm still lost as to what is the problem? You buy the software and the TC vinyls, surely all you are doing is routing the sound in so why does this have to be NI cert'd?
    Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    Yeah, your point is valid (don't HAVE to use certified card) but the point by NI is that they don't want to be responsible for people using bad sound cards.. So they fully support some sound cards to make sure every one who uses it is 100% satisfied.

Well, hackers will hack.. yeah
    Both incorrect im afraid.

To use NI Scratch software its is specified to use NI Audio Interfaces or Certified Mixers.

This is exactly the same as Serato which states that you have to use an SL1, SL3 or Rane mixer. Just seems that no-one had hacked SSL for it to work with shitty soundcards.

The only way it is possible to use a non-NI soundcard is if the application is hacked or there is a workaround like the REG workaround.

Most people that have used a Timecode hack have had very mixed results because the soundcard is not made specifically for timecode.
    That is irrelevant though i guess.

So... anyway, yeah NI Audio 8 or 4 or Certified Mixer only.

It is of course, not illegal. Morally, thats a different question.

Is this REG EDIT hack easily patched out? YES...
    Yet again NI will have to waste time patching this out but it is easily done.

The original Ghetto hack has been proved to be responsible for many users staying on 1.2.2 especially those using Cracks. This is why we have many people asking for Support who havent updated to 1.2.6. Make no mistake this is very very common.
    This is also one of the reasons for the myth that has circulated that 1.2.2 was a more stable release. Believe me this is horse-shit. 1.2.2 was as stable as any release. They have all been stable. There have been bugs in builds (of course) but the myths that have been spread are just that.
    People having issues with Traktor have been having issue that have been irrelevant to what build it was.

Now that there is a hack for timecode in 1.2.6 its fair to assume that there will be a lot of people updating to this build and the demand for Cracked versions of 1.2.6 will soar. Again there will be a period where people stay on 1.2.6 because of this hack.
    Its anyones choice to believe me or not but the facts are the facts.
    These hacks have encouraged people to use the shitty cracks and are contributing to the bad rap that Traktor gets.
    Thankfully there are enough legit Traktor users making the product the best selling award winning DVS that it is and addressing the negative.

Of course if this hack is not patched out people will continue to upgrade and the crackers and hackers will continue to bring out updated versions.

But... like i said this can be patched out. That is a fact.

The thing is the difference between 1.2.2 and 1.2.6 is probably not enough to tempt people to go legit and use the far superior Audio 8/4.

The difference between 1.2.6 and 'X' will be a wholly different story.

Oh and one last thing PET, you werent the first to do this, neither were you the first to put it up on the the internet so, no first prize for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

The only way it is possible to use a non-NI soundcard is if the application is hacked or there is a workaround like the REG workaround.
    That's what I was looking for!!! I see now, penny dropped, think I got blinded by so many pages!! Sorry but not being very good with all this I didn't understand but I now see the issue.

Thanks Karlos.

I honestly thought it was a case of using a different one and NI had just blagged people into thinking theirs were needed (just how it was made out in the thread) but now I see you need to edit the registration of a non cert'd one I can see the issue.
    Last edited by Fyoog; 06-16-2010 at 06:10 PM.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

No worries man.

Obviously my opinion on this matter is biased and everyone knows that so i aint getting into discussions (theres just no point) but i will correct any factual inaccuracies so thats why i posted.

Cool..!

Tech Wizard

Is this REG EDIT hack easily patched out? YES...
    Yet again NI will have to waste time patching this out but it is easily done.

- I think no, becuase without any device ID check theres no chance to proove if a True Audio 8/4 is conected

Oh and one last thing PET, you werent the first to do this, neither were you the first to put it up on the the internet so, no first prize for you.

- I only want to share my found with you. but if you dont like to know that, Delete it! DONT FLAME ABOUT CRACKS OR HACKS!

I, bought my TSP with the Audio 8, so STFU.

First off I didn't say you were using a crack so you need to watch your words ok .

I present the facts.
    I know how this can be patched out already. So you can choose to believe or not I don't care. This is easily patched out so that REG edit would make no difference. I have a pretty decent source for this knowledge they go by the name of Native Instruments, you may have heard of them ?

And one last thing, I haven't flamed YOU or said one uncivil word (as has been mentioned by other member) so I think telling ne to STFU is very uneccasary and disrespectful to another member of this forum.

Believe me I will not be shutting up. I suggest follow forum rules on conduct to other members and that you speak to me in the civil manner I have spoken to you.