Traktor Scratch Poor (a.k.a. Ghetto Timecode Control) - Page 15
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by feralchimp View Post
    I see similar readouts in other DVS systems (different sw/hw altogether), and it's not something to worry about. A +/- .3-.5% jump should raise eyebrows, though.
    Scary thing is though, In the last month my TTX's are getting worse and worse. Especially after I move the pitch fader, It is starting to take a few seconds for it to settle down. Makes for a headache when using timecode.

Almost time for a new pair of decks I guess.. They're only about 5 years old. Maybe I'll switch back to 1200s. First I"m going to check the needles though. Hopefully thats a cheap fix
    Last edited by Cliffm; 06-01-2009 at 12:01 PM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rokas View Post
    100% incorrect.
    You cannot buy the software alone without one of the conditions i laid out in my last post.

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...&L=1&prid=1986

I clicked "Add to Cart" and read the click-through Agreement carefully. While it carves out quite a few cases (upgrades, bundles, etc.) that would prohibit someone *else* from selling me just the software half of a Traktor Scratch hw/sw bundle, there is actually nothing in that Agreement that indicates I would be violating EULA by a) purchasing the certified upgrade package from NI, then b) using it with non-certified hardware.

I'm not saying NI condones it, or that I should be entitled to support when running that configuration, I'm just saying the language doesn't appear to carve it out as a license violation.

And if I can send money to NI, for which NI will send me the software and vinyl control media, and I can install and operate the software without violating the license...that sounds to me like I can purchase the software separately.
    Last edited by feralchimp; 06-01-2009 at 11:37 AM.
    reason, live7, traktor pro, m-audio x-session, m-audio O2, KRK RP5, Roland RD300sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Stupid question. Fo real.
    How come?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey Karlos,

As you seem to know more about how the different software/hardware packages interact than is layed out on the online store can you help me out with a slightly OT question.

I own Traktor Pro which I have used with my firebox since it was released, I recently brought a Korg Zero 4 which is a certified mixer. My friend is giving me his control vinyl as he only uses the card for production (bizzare! -I know)

I want to start using the DVS functionality, for now I will use the demo version of Skratch pro, but once I start using it out I will need to upgrade to the full version of Skratch Pro.

Now given I own Traktor Pro & a certified mixer surely I have more options than buying the Traktor Skratch Pro Crossgrade - $599 USD, which contains the software crossgrade as well as the audio 8, cables, control vinyl etc.

Or the Traktor Skratch Pro Certified Upgrade ($339 USD) which is the full version of Traktor Pro with the DVS plugin ( so I assume this means Traktor Skratch Pro).

Maybe my best option is to get hold of Traktor Skratch for cheap or free and buy the Skratch Pro upgrade for 99 USD, which effectivley makes my purchase of Traktor Pro worthless.

Hmm maybe the answer is to sell Traktor Pro, buy Traktor Skratch, and then upgrade that to Skratch Pro.

Its complicated being legal!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Hey Midifidler,
    Hope this helps:

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Now given I own Traktor Pro & a certified mixer surely I have more options than buying the Traktor Skratch Pro Crossgrade - $599 USD, which contains the software crossgrade as well as the audio 8, cables, control vinyl etc.
    Definitely. The Crossgrade is not for you as you dont need the Audio 8 (nice work getting the Zero 4).

Or the Traktor Skratch Pro Certified Upgrade ($339 USD) which is the full version of Traktor Pro with the DVS plugin ( so I assume this means Traktor Skratch Pro).
    Yes thats right it means TSP. Dunno why they dont just put that ?

Maybe my best option is to get hold of Traktor Skratch for cheap or free and buy the Skratch Pro upgrade for 99 USD, which effectivley makes my purchase of Traktor Pro worthless.
    Not sure what 'free' would entail but getting the Original Traktor Scratch (inc Audio 8 etc) could be a cheap way to upgrade but i dont know how much you can get it for . Ive seen it very cheap but it does mean you are buying an Audio 8 as well so if you add the cost of the 99usd upgrade it may not be so cheap ???

Its a toss up between buying the Original Traktor Scratch and then the TSP upgrade at ???usd

Or

The TSP Certified Upgrade at 399usd

Either way this will inevitably mean you end up with Traktor Pro that is useless. But you can sell it and there are plenty of people looking to buy a second hand Traktor Pro (boxed or not). So maybe get 60usd back on that?

Its complicated being legal!
    Yes mate it is. I know people get pissed off when they have bought Traktor Pro then decide to go for TSP and think "why the hell do i have to buy the program again". If you do all the maths you end up buying what would be the equivalent of just buying the DVS plugin. Why they dont make this a single purchase is all down to marketing and sales blah blah. It would sure make things easier. Especially if you could build the DVS package up in pieces over time .
    But what is often glossed over is that the DVS Plugin is a huge bit of technology that was developed separately from Traktor.

Its a bit like buying a car and saying to the sale guy why cant i have that model, its the same as this and pointing to one with an extra 200bhp and a soft-top and alloys. Same car but one has way more features.

EDIT:
    If your mate has got Traktor Scratch but only uses the soundcard for production he could (i think) transfer his registration to you for free then you could upgrade for 99usd (is that what you meant by Free). Now i would check with NI about that as the Audio 8 is part of the package but i could see that working out (and very nicely). The registration may mean that any support for the Audio 8 would have to be via you cus its you it would be re-registered to but theres no point in your mate having TS when he only uses the card. (does that make sense)

Karlos

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

EDIT:
    If your mate has got Traktor Scratch but only uses the soundcard for production he could (i think) transfer his registration to you for free then you could upgrade for 99usd (is that what you meant by Free). Now i would check with NI about that as the Audio 8 is part of the package but i could see that working out (and very nicely). The registration may mean that any support for the Audio 8 would have to be via you cus its you it would be re-registered to but theres no point in your mate having TS when he only uses the card. (does that make sense)
    I think this avenue makes the most sense to pursue, thanks for the pointers mate!

Quote Originally Posted by ctran View Post
    Oh, and a free copy of Traktor Scratch Pro from a friend who bought it and decided he liked Serato better
    made my night

Tech Convert

PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION , can i use bcd3000 only as soundcard, for dvs system?

Quote Originally Posted by Rokas View Post
    PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION , can i use bcd3000 only as soundcard, for dvs system?
    Yes, you can use any soundcard - wether or not you get good performance from it is another question though. There is one way to find out though