Traktor Scratch Poor (a.k.a. Ghetto Timecode Control) - Page 14
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Hello , i had read your post about TSP and timecode , does this work on PC also , as you only mentioned aggregate audio? or is it the same as ASIO? And my gear is bcd3000 , external mixer , 2 decks... could i use my decks routed to bcd3000(as it has soundcard) , but use my external mixer for those 2 decks and another 2 decks controlled via bcd3000

$1360 including laptop, really ghetto indeed.

I want to be absolutely sure I understand this, because it's directly contradictory to NI's marketing literature:

If I purchase some Traktor Scratch vinyl, and purchase Traktor Scratch (Pro or Duo) software, I do NOT need to use them with a Native Instruments-brand audio interface?
    reason, live7, traktor pro, m-audio x-session, m-audio O2, KRK RP5, Roland RD300sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffm View Post
    That happens to me as well on both my Audio 8 and Xone 4D. I think its my Numark TTX turntables. The BPM readout in TSP doesn't change erratically, just the pitch. When mixing its a non issue. It sounds solid without making any corrections. I can even mix non time code decks with it and not have to touch Sync or Phase. Just CUP and let go!
    I see similar readouts in other DVS systems (different sw/hw altogether), and it's not something to worry about. A +/- .3-.5% jump should raise eyebrows, though.
    reason, live7, traktor pro, m-audio x-session, m-audio O2, KRK RP5, Roland RD300sx

Definatley not for cd as had it working myself with no issue at all ... Not sure on vinyl but at the end of the day all that's happening is the audio 8 is pre amping the turntable cd so oif you did have issues with the vinyl and your sound card a couple of cheap phono preamps should sort it. All you gotta do is make sure the doundcard you are using has enough ins and outs!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    The funny thing is that many of you believe that there's no harm in this, yet you won't approach NI to help with your issues.
    As someone who owns NI product and has dealt with customer support from a variety of audio sw/hw vendors (including NI)...I would go to DJ Tech Tools for help before going to any manufacturer support system, every time.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feralchimp View Post
    and purchase Traktor Scratch (Pro or Duo) software,
    You cannot buy Traktor Scratch Pro/Duo on its own. This is a point that seems to be lost on a lot of people.

You must buy it with a package that includes the Audio 8 or Audio 4 or already have a Traktor Scratch Certified Mixer or already own an Audio 8/4.

If you do not own an Audio 8/4 or Certified Mixer you cannot buy Traktor Scratch Pro/Duo.

So the answer to your original question is no. Not unless you use a pirated copy of TSP.

Just sayin'
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 05-31-2009 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    You cannot buy Traktor Scratch Pro/Duo on its own. This is a point that seems to be lost on a lot of people.

You must buy it with a package that includes the Audio 8 or Audio 4 or already have a Traktor Scratch Certified Mixer or already own an Audio 8/4.

If you do not own an Audio 8/4 or Certified Mixer you cannot buy Traktor Scratch Pro/Duo.
    So if I claim to own an Audio8, exactly how hard is NI going to try not to take my money?

Quote Originally Posted by feralchimp View Post
    So if I claim to own an Audio8, exactly how hard is NI going to try not to take my money?
    Stupid question. Fo real.