Traktor Scratch Poor (a.k.a. Ghetto Timecode Control) - Page 12
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    I know of atleast 2 forum members.
    You can add one to that count

Quote Originally Posted by ctran View Post
    The only other minor thing is that when it's playing normally, the pitch keeps jumping between -0.1%, 0%, and +0.1%. Do normal TSP users experience that too?
    That happens to me as well on both my Audio 8 and Xone 4D. I think its my Numark TTX turntables. The BPM readout in TSP doesn't change erratically, just the pitch. When mixing its a non issue. It sounds solid without making any corrections. I can even mix non time code decks with it and not have to touch Sync or Phase. Just CUP and let go!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffm View Post
    That happens to me as well on both my Audio 8 and Xone 4D. I think its my Numark TTX turntables. The BPM readout in TSP doesn't change erratically, just the pitch. When mixing its a non issue. It sounds solid without making any corrections. I can even mix non time code decks with it and not have to touch Sync or Phase. Just CUP and let go!
    Thank you so much. You just saved me a lot of unnecessary time investigating further software issues -- I'm pretty sure now that it's not the software, but rather the beat up tables that I bought, heh.

If you wouldn't mind helping me with this a little bit more, do you experience any problems when you switch between relative and absolute during playback, and what gain levels do you see in timecode setup?

I have no issues at all. As far as gain levels I'll have to check.

Tech Guru

My Mac's aggregate device editor doesn't recognize the numark DJIO soundcard. Strangely enough the soundcard works fine with Traktor and other audio apps and is displayed in the sound settings under system preferences, however I can't add the soundcard to any aggregate devices as the soundcard doesn't show up on the list. Any ideas?
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Quote Originally Posted by ctran View Post
    what gain levels do you see in timecode setup?
    On the 4D see 6.3 on one Side and 5.0 On the Other. The difference being the cartridges (swapped needles, same gain). Both are Shure Whitelabels.

Tech Wizard

thanks again cliff! so, i brought my setup over to my friend's place to test it out, and it turns out that my tables/needles are in fact the cause of the pitch drift. also, i figured out how to get rid of the distortion/skipping that i mentioned after experimenting with the aggregate device editor some more.

so, in brief, i've got a timecode setup that's at least 75% as good as the audio4dj or audio8dj, for less than $75 in additional hardware for most people. this will work for any bedroom DJ who's been interested in timecode, but hasn't the benjamins to throw down for of the leading solutions. my friend is a professional DJ who's been making a living using serato for the past 3 years or so, and even he was impressed with the responsiveness of it.

important points:

• this does not require a cracked or otherwise illegal version of TSP -- it will work with the current Mac 1.1.2 demo
    • i would not recommend it for playing out, or as a generally feasible replacement for the audio4/audio8
    • you will still need to purchase the Traktor Scratch Pro timecode vinyl or CDs, ~$12 each at most music stores

full tut and vid next week .
    Last edited by ctran; 04-30-2009 at 06:48 AM.

Woohooo i got this workin on a PC with cdjs and i am impressed. I cant believe how good this is i was expecting to feel different from using the cdjs with standard audio cds but it really doesnt does it.

Also just to show this does do some good ive gone out now and bought an audio 8 dj and a couple of control cds, i would never have done that if i havent seen and tried this.

Back of the Net!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Woohooo i got this workin on a PC with cdjs and i am impressed. I cant believe how good this is i was expecting to feel different from using the cdjs with standard audio cds but it really doesnt does it.

Also just to show this does do some good ive gone out now and bought an audio 8 dj and a couple of control cds, i would never have done that if i havent seen and tried this.

Back of the Net!
    Weird

All versions of Traktor Scratch Pro come with or are upgraded from versions that contain control cd's? But anyhow...

Traktor Scratch Pro full package = 599?
    Traktor Scratch Pro certified upgrade (299) + audio8 (399) + 2 control CDs (18) = 716?

Does not compute - haven't you spent too much dinero?
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 05-11-2009 at 05:03 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

well i guess its

audio8 + control cds + "demo" version of traktor.

MMM, i wish you fun with your new setup!
    other people might start the hating now.