Traktor Scratch Poor (a.k.a. Ghetto Timecode Control) - Page 10
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ctran View Post
    This workaround doesn't compete or infringe upon TSP customers with the Audio8, and I'd think that it would encourage someone half-serious about giggin to purchase a certified soundcard.
    Forgot to add...how would someone who downloads the demo to use your workaround accomplish this the timecode wavs?

Basically if you have, legally, Traktor timecode CD's or vinyl, then you must have a certified soundcard...right?

I mean, unless you're part of the small percentage of people who buy the timecode media just to get this 'hack' working.

Tech Wizard

i feel like this is getting kind of ridiculous.

ctran, you're up to something great, so please keep on doing what you're doing.

and if NI feels like this is harm to them, they gonna fix it in the next update, and most probably they would have approached ean golden and asked him to shut down this thread already. because we all now a NI moderator reads this and NI got good links to ean.

that sounds as if NI bothers? no.

plus, as stated by various people above, i don't even think NI wants to remove this option in future updates, cause all they say is like "hey, buy the CERTIFIED interface and you get the best performance". they didn't even say you NEED an audio8 to run it. and they still will be selling the software, which is their main business anyways.

also NI NEVER stated that using TSP with a non-certified interface is illegal.
    the time codes are legally available everywhere.

on a side note, the vestax comparison was perfectly on point. if you just replace the buttons with arcade ones, you wouldn't call vestax support once you get problems with the soldering inside.

i for one can't really understand how a regular visitor of this forum gets upset about 'hacks'

edit:
    let me add this, on the topic:
    i tried it on my macbook pro, didnt have turntables or cd players in my studio, so i just ripped the timecode from a friends cd, played it back from my studio computer, into the m-audio connectiv on my notebook, and it worked!
    sorry, NI
    Last edited by weasel79; 04-28-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Jack Bastard

Whaddya know, Chilly's being a pain in the arse again.

Chilly, if you have a problem with this thread and the topic of hacks and mods, I suggest you find another forum. NI are perfectly capable of dealing with issues like this themselves, I'm sure they don't need you fighting their corner in your ra-ra skirt and pompoms.

Also, suggesting that someone's behaviour is 'kinda hypocritical' is pretty much tantamount to calling them a hypocrite.

Please lose the bad attitude, this forum doesn't need what you bring to the NI board. Cheers.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I don't think Chilly's problem is with mods in general, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Just poking my head in to make sure it all stays civil. Name calling, accusations and the whatnot can be kept to a minimum guys.

Much love
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Friends please donīt fight because of such a small thing. I bealive that everyoneīs has a good point here.
    Lets us all agree firts in some points that I am sure that almost everyone here share the same way of thinking

1.- If you are going to do this by "hacking", "patching", or any "ing" word that involves tampering the software, there is no doubt that you are not using a good morale and you are harming NI. Everyone agrees on this pont I think.

2.- If you are doing this by buying Traktor scratch or pro(As i did, I am using a legal, bought by myself copy of Traktor scratch) and you donīt have a cerified interface but still want to try timecode control with your interface with original timecode vinyls-cds... Personally I consider this to be ok as you are not doing anything ilegal. You take the chances of the system not working right and you know NI is not going to help you. So we wont ask for help.
    Do we agree in this pont?

So please, lets point out what people think is wrong not by attacking each other but lets use the forum to point out this things.

I bealive most of us here owe a lot to NI, I use their software everyday and even make a living of it, so we should always respect and discuss legal issues with this software in a civilized way, as I bealive this comunity is an example and a great source of INTELIGENCE. And the eyes of the digital community are always taking a look around here... so lets be the example.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by alien2k View Post
    1.- If you are going to do this by "hacking", "patching", or any "ing" word that involves tampering the software, there is no doubt that you are not using a good morale and you are harming NI. Everyone agrees on this pont I think.
    No one has suggested tampering with NI's software on this thread. I think you are getting 'hacking' and 'cracking' confused. They are very different things.

Please don't let Chilly's hyperbole confuse you into thinking that anything illegal is happening. He spouts a lot of opinion as fact.

2.- If you are doing this by buying Traktor scratch or pro(As i did, I am using a legal, bought by myself copy of Traktor scratch) and you donīt have a cerified interface but still want to try timecode control with your interface with original timecode vinyls-cds... Personally I consider this to be ok as you are not doing anything ilegal. You take the chances of the system not working right and you know NI is not going to help you. So we wont ask for help.
    Do we agree in this pont?
    Yeah, but no one (apart from Chilly) has suggested contacting NI support. And he only suggested it to try and prove his point that people were doing something illegal/ethically questionable.

I bealive most of us here owe a lot to NI, I use their software everyday and even make a living of it, so we should always respect and discuss legal issues with this software in a civilized way, as I bealive this comunity is an example and a great source of INTELIGENCE. And the eyes of the digital community are always taking a look around here... so lets be the example.
    Absolutely, but no one in this thread has broken the law. Most of us are registered users and have been for years.

Certain forum users have seen what is a fun little hack and interpreted that as people trying to swindle NI out of profit, and then proceeded to bang on about their misconception ad nauseum.

Only a lunatic would ever use this hack as a permanent setup or play out with it, as I said before, this is a bit of fun, not a threat to anyones favourite company.
    Last edited by Jack Bastard; 04-28-2009 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    Whaddya know, Chilly's being a pain in the arse again.

Chilly, if you have a problem with this thread and the topic of hacks and mods, I suggest you find another forum. NI are perfectly capable of dealing with issues like this themselves, I'm sure they don't need you fighting their corner in your ra-ra skirt and pompoms.

Also, suggesting that someone's behaviour is 'kinda hypocritical' is pretty much tantamount to calling them a hypocrite.

Please lose the bad attitude, this forum doesn't need what you bring to the NI board. Cheers.
    Your suggestion has been filed with the Department of Consideration. I'll let you know how it goes.

You (generally speaking) have no issues sitting here and discussing topics on how bad it is to not pay for music, right?

So if someone posted a way to download music from Beatport for FREE, you'd probably get pretty upset.

That's how I feel.

Unfortunately for many of you, I make really good bank DJing, so I can afford to pay for my things. I don't need to worry about downloading cracked software or stealing music. But more importantly than that, I understand that the reason why I make my bankroll is because of the hard work that musical artists and hardware/software engineers have done. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be doing what I do, or be as successful at it.

So when a company tells me that I need to have x, y, and z to make their product function correctly, I pony up. I don't look around to find a hack for their software / hardware / music. It's just not right.

If I buy a piece of hardware (let's say, a VCI-100), I own everything in that box. It is mine now. There are no prerequisites to get this thing working. If I want to add some buttons and stickers of butterflies and daisies, I will. If I want to put a new faceplate on it or change the knobs or put on jog wheel grips, guess what? I WILL. I am not enhancing any more of it's ability that isn't already accessible to me. I'm not circumventing some 'hack' or 'mod' process that Vestax has endorsed and said that I must use in order to accomplish an upgrade.

Why is it so difficult to understand these concepts?

So if that's me being a 'pain in the arse again', then so be it. I've got just as much right to post my opinion on here as you do. You can skip my posts, Jack Bastard (the second part of your name fits your perfectly I might add), if the truth is too much for you to stomach.

No one has suggested tampering with NI's software on this thread. I think you are getting 'hacking' and 'cracking' confused. They are very different things.

Please don't let Chilly's hyperbole confuse you into thinking that anything illegal is happening. He spouts a lot of opinion as fact.

Yeah, but no one (apart from Chilly) has suggested contacting NI support. And he only suggested it to try and prove his point that people were doing something illegal/ethically questionable.

Absolutely, but no one in this thread has broken the law. Most of us are registered users and have been for years.

Certain forum users have seen what is a fun little hack and interpreted that as people trying to swindle NI out of profit, and then proceeded to bang on about their misconception ad nauseum.
    You really like calling me out, even in someone else's response, eh?

Only a lunatic would ever use this hack as a permanent setup or play out with it, as I said before, this is a bit of fun, not a threat to anyones favourite company.
    Here's the issue with your statement. Isn't THAT an opinion that you are spouting as fact?

Hi Pot...I'm Kettle...have we met?

Jack Bastard

I've said my piece Chilly. No one here is trying to rip NI off or committing any crimes, so how about you leave it or go somewhere where you don't have to read this stuff.

I've said my piece Chilly. No one here is trying to rip NI off or committing any crimes, so how about you leave it or go somewhere where you don't have to read this stuff.
    What color is the sky in your world?

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast