Numark 4trak - S4 killer? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

seems like a pretty nice kit.. faders, knobs all felt good. but not too sure if $1k nice. diggin' that dedicated key knob tho

Tech Mentor

$1K.... imho too much for a reconfigured NS6.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Eizhauz View Post
    I think the Vestax and S4 do a nice job of this.
    I would have been a nice feature on this unit. Odd exclusion.
    Yeah, out of all the 4 deck all in one controllers they're the best. I've been completely spoiled by the meters on the Denon mixers though,

Quote Originally Posted by DJQA View Post
    It's not quite the same as individual meters, but at least on the NS6 the master meters are switchable to a particular channel by a long press of the cue button.
    Wow, that's horrible, just one more thing to have to remember when you're elbow deep in the mix.

All I really want is an updated Xone:4D with proper jogs/buttons/overall layout. First company to make that happen gets my dollaz dollaz.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by CryderSteez View Post
    LOL, all that functionality and still no usable VU meters? Am I like the only person who thinks those are crucial to proper mixing?
    I agree with you but it seems like most manufacturers think dj's don't care about decent meters. The meters on almost all controllers are frankly terrible.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I agree with you but it seems like most manufacturers think dj's don't care about decent meters
    Only meter that should need worrying about is the master IMHO, individual meters really only started appearing in the early 2000's ... rely on ears, not on lights.

On the NS4 though, I think it looks like THE most solid traktor controller out there and "almost" perfect EXCEPT I just wish there were more 8 more fx knobs or that there were at least endless ringed encoders instead of pots

Essentially its a really a 2 deck piece of equipment that has a shift button just like everything else out there and a fecking soft-takeover for FX ugh ... my pet hate, why do they keep doing it !!!! arrrrrggggghhhh

The Behringer PL-1 even has 8 encoders per unit ! No switching layers needed or takeover for fx!

Tech Wizard

I was pretty set on the s4 but decided to wait and see what namm had to offer. The 4trak definitely is a bit of a spanner in the works. I love the full metal body and big jogs but don't really dig that the line filters are separated from the rest of the channel eq's. It also makes it feel like a cop out that it's just the ns6 with a paint job and an extra attachment as opposed to a controller designed for traktor - full controls for sample slots and cue points and inbuilt FX controls. I think I'll end up sticking to the original plan of the s4 on price, the s4 is about 950 here in Australia but the ns6 is still going for 1400 and i think it'll be safe to assume the 4trak will be even more with it's added FX controller and all.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

People need to stop using the terms "X killer" and "game changer" so often.
    Last edited by padi_04; 01-25-2012 at 10:58 AM.

and "traktor"

I think this is amazing. I've been wanting an S4 and an NS6 and this is both of those combined. Plus, I love scratching so im in love with the big jog wheels. But im posting this at the time that ne NS7-2 has been released.. I was going to go for the DDJ-SX but now I think im definitely going for the NS7-2 due to all the new features and effects, big jogwheels like always, and its distinctive motorized jog wheels which im SO suprised no one else (besides Denon) has copied. Its such a genius idea. Anyway I still dont know what I want to upgrade to, im still rocking the S2 mK1, midi fighter, and the new X1 Mk2. Thats what scares me most about moving onto something like the NS7 or DDJ-SX... No more access to the brilliant NI hardware. So I think I might just go ahead and try this 4trak, see how I do with a 4channel controller, or just get on with it and get my DVS setup. I have all the gear picked out and its going to cost me right about 1,000.00 exactly for the two TT's, mixer, and traktor audio 6. Ill always be able to use traktor hardware with it, and i love the S2 so much im sure ill find a way to incorporate it into my sets SOMEHOW. Sorry started to rant. If only, if ONLY the new mK2 Native s2/s4's came with bigger jog wheels they would have been PERFECT!!!!!!

Tech Guru

Just to chime in, the 4Trak can be found pretty easily online for $499 USD. I bought mine for $399 new from GC with a price match off Musician's Friend (same company) on a Labor Day sale. The price makes it hands down the best offering in that price bracket.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234