Numark 4trak - S4 killer? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I think the word killer in this context is used way to much. The market is so saturated with decent stuff that no one thing can be a killer of anything.
    While we're on this topic, the terms "amazing", "epic", "best ______ ever!", and "ridiculous" have lost their original meanings.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    While we're on this topic, the terms "amazing", "epic", "best ______ ever!", and "ridiculous" have lost their original meanings.
    Like the term "friend" on facebook?

I think the previous poster that said the controller was aimed at the timecode crowd is pretty spot on.

I don't mind the efx section up top, just curious how the previous efx faders perhaps will work in conjunction with this...???
    Xone DX, SE-DJ5000, Itch
    http://soundcloud.com/eizhauz

Quote Originally Posted by kevz718 View Post
    This numark has a nice offering for ppl who want a real mixer on top of midi controller. Seems a tad expensive tho.. 1400 i think i read?
    1400 - is that dollars? On here, it's 799 sterlings ~ $1240 - whoa... that exchange rate has jumped since last time I checked - the US economy must be proper f***'d

PC/Mhac, Traktor 2, Citronic MP-X10, 2 x Kam KCD450, Behringer BCD3000, Echo Audio Layla 3G, Numark EM-460 w/Kaoss Pad, Shure C606, Carlsbro Tytan PA, Turbosound TXD121 12" Tops, Reloop RHP-20
    http://soundcloud.com/escapemcp

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post
    and it's nice to see Numark cutting a niche and building a reputation of making high quality gear.

Yeah I remember when I first started, Numark was pretty laughable and not associated with any kind of "good" gear at all... Maybe they finally hit the mark? Time will tell.
    Kontrol S4 | Novation Remote 25SL Mk.I | Macbook Pro | Shure SRH750DJ
    Soundcloud | Facebook | iTunes Podcast

analog mixer. winner
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

$1199 list (LINK)
    Xone DX, SE-DJ5000, Itch

Tech Mentor

LOL, all that functionality and still no usable VU meters? Am I like the only person who thinks those are crucial to proper mixing?

What's wrong with the ones between the EQ controls? Or do you mean per-channel VU meters?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by CryderSteez View Post
    LOL, all that functionality and still no usable VU meters? Am I like the only person who thinks those are crucial to proper mixing?
    I think the Vestax and S4 do a nice job of this.
    I would have been a nice feature on this unit. Odd exclusion.
    Xone DX, SE-DJ5000, Itch

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by CryderSteez View Post
    It's not quite the same as individual meters, but at least on the NS6 the master meters are switchable to a particular channel by a long press of the cue button.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast