S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - Scamo's Effect Jogs Extreme [Version 4.4 Beta] - Page 3
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Oh, I have some ideas.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Mentor

damn you're a genius i will try it, maybe make a nice keyboard mapping in order to create combination with the pc-keyboard that no one uses for the default functions
    keep it up!!!!
    I'm back guys
    One Dream http://soundcloud.com/stefanomdj/one-dream-stefanomdj
    StefanoM. Dj

Thanks. I'll get on it when I have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alinement View Post
    Hey Macklefinch, if you have an X1 I have mapped Army Of Me's effects that you speak of to the Midi mode for that, check it out here.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44945

It has all the effects settings listed with names so you can duplicate and add them in to your own S4 mapping using Scamo's it just must take time, but then again, it took Scamo (and myself) a lot more time to get them up and running in the first place.

I love your idea of using more modifiers Scamo, it will take a lot of practice to be able to scroll through them at the speed of whence you need them though.

Any word on making them work with another deck though?

Cheers
    Alinement

Scamo, played a gig last night and not one single problem, not the most technical feedback but thought I'd let you not. 4 and half hours and everything ran completely smoothly.

awesome Macklefinch, which effects did you find worked the best in a live environment?

Alinement,

Just done another gig, 6 hours which is a bit over the top but better venue with an awesome sound system and so I really got to use the jog effects to their full potential.

I did have a bit of an issue. The Gatorator was more of a Beatorator as for some reason when opening Trakor it had swapped the gator for the beatmasher for that effect. Not a problem with the mapping (I don't think), I have had some ridiculous weirdness with Traktor for a while now and I'm surprised that was the only thing that was slightly strange.

Anyway, both gator effects and the sweep drama are really easy to use and suited the deeper to tech to straight up house from tonight. The flapulator as well, especially with darker, more bassey tunes. The beatmasher effects, for me anyway, are better suited to more tech/tecno beats and that was not really any avenue I was able to go down tonight, I will on Sunday though and will feed back then.

I did discover by accident that replacing the beatmasher with the gator on any of the effects was a pretty successful error. Check it out.

My overall experience is that the whole mapping adds a ridiculously good aspect to the S4 user experience. I will not be going back from here, well done guys.

Tech Wizard

great, great, great mapping!
    I just wanna say ty scamo & ty alinement for your contribution!
    fantastic work guys!
    I'm delighted!

Tech Student

Hi guys,

Im newbie doing this kind of hard job
    Im trying to work on my own mapping, but i can't get a nice result.

Would you like to share with us how to get done the part where you first shift+"x"button and then use the jog wheel to active and get work the effects using the jog wheel?

That will be awesome!!!!
    I took a look on internet, how to do this, but i didn't get work properly the jog wheel.

I will really appreciate any help.

Thnx in advanced.

Cheers

Tech Wizard

scamo
    in manual (page 7) you are talking about filter in 4th mode (riffer), but I can't control any filter in that mode. only gater, beatmasher and T3 reverb in FX slots 1 (for deck A) and 2 (for deck B)?
    I see delay in slots 3 & 4 but I can't control it.
    (and I think that riffer does not load delay - because delay is there from previous mode)

any ideas?
    tnx!

Hey viszla,

I took the filter out of the mapping, because the filter really didn't help the effect much, but I forgot to remove the same in the manual. Darn it. Good catch. Nice to see you all are reading the manual. I'll fix that mistake for the next release.

To everyone. Sorry, but I didn't have any time to dig into the mapping and fix what has been found so far. Maybe I'll get some time during the week. I just can't promise anything.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast