S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - Scamo's Effect Jogs Extreme [Version 4.4 Beta] - Page 2
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

ehi scamo, is it a midi map? if yes you would be my hero XD
    I'm back guys
    One Dream http://soundcloud.com/stefanomdj/one-dream-stefanomdj
    StefanoM. Dj

Hi everyone.

This is not a midi mapping. It is using the built-in "Load button to turn on FX Jogs" setting in the S4 section of the preferences. So basically, with one press of the Load button, you are in the jog effects mode. With one press of the Load button again, you are back to scratch mode (the normal mode). You don't loose ANY, S4 functionality except the capability to load a song to deck A or B with the Load button. I have also fixed this by remapping Shift+Load to load a song.

@Alinement - Yes, I reordered the effects as defmd had asked, so the MF shouldn't have any issues now (I hope).

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Scamo,

Am I pushing my luck if I ask if you fancy having two versions of the overall mapping, one as it is an other other incorporating AoM's delay, beatmasher to stopped vinyl and the timestretch effect as in her S2 midi mapping? When you have time of course..

Well, unfortunately, I won't be getting to any heavy duty changes for a couple of weeks. I am going to fix the couple of bugs in 4.4 on the weekend and release 4.4.1.

This is just an idea I have and I am going to throw it at you all. Since I have two modifiers still free, I think I could add another 7 effects modes. To switch between them you'd press something like "Shift + FX On" (I'll have to see if nothing happens when you press that combination). But if it works, then you'll be in layer 2 and would have another 7 combos, so 14 in total. I'm thinking the FX on button (if it isn't already lit), could indicate you are in layer 2. What do you think?

scamo

Tech Mentor

I just started playing with this mapping and like it a lot more than the djtt mapping. Keep up the good work guys!

Scamo, if you have the time and the inclination, you have my total support in mapping in another modifier. Ha, bet it feels good to have my support..

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Well, unfortunately, I won't be getting to any heavy duty changes for a couple of weeks. I am going to fix the couple of bugs in 4.4 on the weekend and release 4.4.1.

This is just an idea I have and I am going to throw it at you all. Since I have two modifiers still free, I think I could add another 7 effects modes. To switch between them you'd press something like "Shift + FX On" (I'll have to see if nothing happens when you press that combination). But if it works, then you'll be in layer 2 and would have another 7 combos, so 14 in total. I'm thinking the FX on button (if it isn't already lit), could indicate you are in layer 2. What do you think?

scamo
    Yes that makes sense but then it would also be great to use the (Shift) jogwheel to switch between effects because that way you can cycle up and down the effects mode.

I was thinking of your fx modes as well and was going to implement the lights like this:

1 = 1
    2= 2
    3 =3
    4= FX Unit
    5= FX Unit + 1
    6= FX Unit + 2
    7= FX Unit + 3
    8= FX Unit + 1 +3
    9=FX Unit + 2 + 3
    10=FX Unit 1 + 2 + 3

I didn't think I was going to be using more then 10 FX modes and it is easy to remember that the FX represents 4 :-)

Hey Macklefinch, if you have an X1 I have mapped Army Of Me's effects that you speak of to the Midi mode for that, check it out here.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44945

It has all the effects settings listed with names so you can duplicate and add them in to your own S4 mapping using Scamo's it just must take time, but then again, it took Scamo (and myself) a lot more time to get them up and running in the first place.

I love your idea of using more modifiers Scamo, it will take a lot of practice to be able to scroll through them at the speed of whence you need them though.

Any word on making them work with another deck though?

Cheers
    Alinement

Quote Originally Posted by defmd View Post
    Yes that makes sense but then it would also be great to use the (Shift) jogwheel to switch between effects because that way you can cycle up and down the effects mode.

I was thinking of your fx modes as well and was going to implement the lights like this:

1 = 1
    2= 2
    3 =3
    4= FX Unit
    5= FX Unit + 1
    6= FX Unit + 2
    7= FX Unit + 3
    8= FX Unit + 1 +3
    9=FX Unit + 2 + 3
    10=FX Unit 1 + 2 + 3

I didn't think I was going to be using more then 10 FX modes and it is easy to remember that the FX represents 4 :-)
    Um, you've sort of lost me there. Sorry.

I was thinking, when the FX On button is on (if it isn't always on, have to check), means you are in layer 2 and the indicators would work normally as in layer 1 (where the FX On button is off).

Your idea about using the jog to cycle through the effects modes is also a good idea, I am just not sure it is possible in my mapping, yet. But with 14 modes, that would definitely be a better alternative to pressing buttons.

scamo

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Your idea about using the jog to cycle through the effects modes is also a good idea, I am just not sure it is possible in my mapping, yet. But with 14 modes, that would definitely be a better alternative to pressing buttons.

scamo
    It should not be a problem to control 1 modifier with the jogwheel for all 7 modes. I don't think it is possible for 14 as you already need 1 modifier condition for the Shift state that leaves you with only 1 other modifier you can control. Will be tricky.. but will also be great if you can come up with the solution.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast