midifighter classic vs. pro?
    Tech Convert

Default midifighter classic vs. pro?

what you guys think? im thinking of buy a midifighter but should i go with the classic which is cheaper or go all out on the pro? would be great with some pro cons. cheers guys

the pro is just a mf classic board with the expansions already installed and it has the dj tt mapping on it depending on the model.

imo, if you are the diy type, you might as well get the classic and plan out your expansion of the board.

modding a classic is really easy even when you want to add more features than a pro, the only difficult thing about it would be the programing

If you do just basic mods (adding up to 4 knobs or faders and up to 4 buttons) there should be no programming needed. Just wire up your new controls to the expansion pins (super easy even with minimal soldering experience as it's just through-hole) and they'll start sending midi signals (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Then just add those to your mapping and you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by ebaklid View Post
    what you guys think?
    It depends if you're using the MF as a solo controller or not.

If not go for classic, if yes go for a pro.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Convert

No I would use it as a secondary. I have the s4 now and I feel like the midi fighter pro would just add a lot of creativity to my mixes. Is there a DIY tread for moddin classics? Very interesting.

For me the classic is more than enough next to my S4, or BCR, or both my S4 and BCR.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I have a Classic and a Pro Cue Master. I modified my classic to add 4 additional arcade buttons and 4 knobs. I'm glad that I have both and use them for completely different tasks. The mod process was also very rewarding. If I were to buy just one though, and had the money, I would probably go with the Pro. You can do a lot more with it out of the box.