What do you like better with S2/S4 MF or X1?

View Poll Results: Midi Fighter Classic or Kontrol X1? w/ S4

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Midi Fighter Classic

0 0%
  • Kontrol X1

5 100.00%

Default What do you like better with S2/S4 MF or X1?

I am hoping to have an S4 (or S2) in the next few weeks. Currently I have a MF classic (for sale). I want to keep my set-up simple. Besides the controller I am considering keeping the midi Fighter, or getting an X1.

My question is NOT what should I get. My question is what do YOU use? have you tried both? what do YOU like better. I am on the fence and would like some solid feed back.

I admit I have gotten pretty good with the MF, using almost all the maps for it depending on what I am doing. During gigs I use it for effects. How is the X1 in the effects department? are there any good maps for the X1?

Keep in mind this will be used with an S4 (or at least an S2)

Thanks DJTT
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Used the S4/X1 combo for roughly a year, great stuff. Personally I prefer having rubber buttons and knobs.

This is the mapping I made and used with it http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=199

awesome thanks padi for the help. by the looks of it your map would be perfect. I like the idea of using knobs to adjust the FX levels, something the MF classic doesn't have. the MF does integrate combos which is cool, as well as, I would imagine, a faster reaction time with the arcade buttons opposed to the rubber ones - i could be wrong tho

you used just one X1 with the S4? any other controllers?
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Just the x1 sitting beside it. It's buttons have a great feel and I never felt like I needed more in that aspect. I use hotcues a lot but I'm not the typical "routine" guy, dunno If you get my point. Personally I feel combos get old pretty fast, I have a more manual approach on the subject.