S4 Midi Mode Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default S4 Midi Mode Help

Hey Guys,

I seem to be having some trouble with my midi mode at the moment. I recently was using Armyofme's S2 mapping with my kontrol s4, and everything was working fine.

But now my midi mode doesn't seem to react to anything, I've tried putting other mappings in but nothing happens when i press something or turn anythign in midi mode. The ctrl light in traktor does not light up when i do anything in midi mode, I can't remember if it did before.

I also recently updated to 2.1.1, so I'm not sure if this is the problem.

Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues or could help me out with it.

Thanks.

Update the controller editor software and check if the unit is sending midi messages.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

So in the controller editor I can see the unit is sending a midi message, the respective knobs and buttons light up when i turn them or press them.

Just in traktor it doesn't seem to recognize the signals?

so check your mapping, and see if how the controls are set up in the controller editor are the same within your mapping.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

The mapping and the controller editor show the same values for the knobs and buttons. But the mapping is missing condiions? I don't know how to map something so would this be the issue? But then Ive been using this exact same mapping in the past and it has worked.

But the mapping is missing condiions?
    What do you mean?

idiotic tip:
    I can only suggest you try to learn how to map.
    Latest mix

Have you tried deleting the mapping the reimporting it?

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    What do you mean?

idiotic tip:
    I can only suggest you try to learn how to map.
    In the mapping under the conditions1 and conditions2 columns there are no values, I'm not sure if there's meant to be anything there?

And I tried mapping my controller just then in both traktor and xtreme mapping, but when I press the learn button and turn one of the knobs or press a button I get no response. From reading instructions I thought this was how you map the controls but it doesn't seem to be working for me?

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Have you tried deleting the mapping the reimporting it?
    I tried deleting the mapping and reimporting but I still have the same problems.

Thank you guys for the help.

Ok, so this is really frustrating me right now. On the weekend during my gig, midi mode and the mappings were working perfectly.

The 'CTRL' light in traktor lights up when I touch the controls. However, since I have come home midi mode is giving me no responses again. Do you guys think there could be a hardware fault? I may take the unit back to the store and see what they say about it.

is the midi output/input set to your s4 or all ports?

the traktor control light will light up if there is midi data, but that doesn't mean the midi message is handled!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast