Native Instruments hints at new Traktor controller. Xone:K2 Competitor? - Page 9
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

why dont they bring an x1 with mixer section. would be the best portable all-in-one controller on the market for ppl who dont need jogs.

I'd like just a decent quality midi mixer, say the size and shape of the X1 but a little wider so the controls are not so cramped. They could pair together nicely.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

I'm a fan of both of those ideas. And that mockup the more i look at it.

Nice mock up Milo, Wavform display on a controller would be my dream come true, less reasons to look at the laptop the better.

It's funny reading through the thread, the absurd claims of NI thieving the layout for there next controller is pretty hilarious! As already suggested the mock up from a year a go is a pretty obvious layout anyone could of dreamt up, simply a coincidence, it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubba Dutch View Post

It's funny reading through the thread, the absurd claims of NI thieving the layout for there next controller is pretty hilarious! As already suggested the mock up from a year a go is a pretty obvious layout anyone could of dreamt up, simply a coincidence, it happens.
    Well right around the time the K2 comes out NI seemed pretty adamant about no plans for a Kontrol X2 then a couple months later after the internet is buzzing about the K2 we see an NI controller that looks suspiciously similar.

I don't think it's paranoia, it's exactly what happened.

Tech Guru

I've been having a think about this thing vs the k2. I'd have them both to be honest, but NIs use of dj style fader caps would make me get the x2 over the k2. Those studio style caps do absolutely nothing for me. Plus the x2 will play much more nicely with tp2

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    still hoping it's this:

if you could seperate the 2 deck sections as modular units that could be used standalone that thing would be so much win

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    I've been having a think about this thing vs the k2. I'd have them both to be honest, but NIs use of dj style fader caps would make me get the x2 over the k2. Those studio style caps do absolutely nothing for me. Plus the x2 will play much more nicely with tp2
    can easily change the caps i guess - i'm not convinced about the stock caps on the k2 either, from the photos i've seen etc.

rgb pads would be very nice if this new controller has them but that has to push the price way up compared to the dual led's in the k2. i still think the k2 layout is just about perfect and still plan on getting one as soon as they come out if possible.

the new NI controller has to be way more than the X1 which surely will put it in a different price bracket compared to the likes of a K2. a X2 would look awesome next to a X1 tho
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Well right around the time the K2 comes out NI seemed pretty adamant about no plans for a Kontrol X2 then a couple months later after the internet is buzzing about the K2 we see an NI controller that looks suspiciously similar.

I don't think it's paranoia, it's exactly what happened.
    Nothing but circumstantial in my opinion. Who's to say it's an X2 any way? None of us know weather its a direct replacement for an X1 or weather it's a dedicated one to one controller for new features and workflow.

There's a solid argument to say it would be commercially prudent for any manufacturer to make claims there's no plan's for revised products (X2) as it would have a negative affect on sales of current products (X1). Every manufacturer keeps things under wraps until the time is commercially right, not months before hand.

I'd agree it's not impossible for NI to get inspired by customer renders and other products but some of the claims made on this thread are simply naive.
    Last edited by Dubba Dutch; 01-15-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Tech Guru

The K2 is not the same IMO. The X2 looks to have the same pads as Maschine and is more for Beatmaking with Cue points or something totally new inside Traktor (Maschine integration or code borrowing of sorts)

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast