Native Instruments hints at new Traktor controller. Xone:K2 Competitor? - Page 21
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Ah right... i just put 2 and 2 together cus hes said something like "ive no idea what it is".
    Maybe he got an NI frisbee and doesnt know what it is. Yes apparently there are some NI frisbees knocking about the HQ... I hate frisbees.

I think its pretty safe to say that 2012 will be a bumper year for Traktorists ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DJKeyWee View Post
    and yet another leaked pic. man this thing is huge
    haha that just made my day!
    Macbook Pro - Kontrol S2 - Kontrol X1 - Traktor Pro 2 - Fool’s Gold x AIAIAI TMA-1 (for gigs) AKG 271hd (for studio and recording) on the way: DJM 800 with 2 CDJ 2000s
    THE SET UP

The new sampler needs a step sequencer
    and the new controller some rotaries for the loop lenght

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Anyone getting hot and bothered about the way NI (and most of the competitors) go about promoting stuff these days must still be shocked at the end of the day when the sun goes down like stone-age man 'oh were all doomed"... its just the way it is.
    karlos, i merely called NI's marketing getting more and more predictable and ridiculous. hopefully, not too many ppl get "hot and bothered" about NI's marketing campaigns, or, for that matter, anybody else's marketing campaigns.

however, i think it's legit and totally standard to criticize commercials. and i think NI's latest campaign sucks cause they're going down that same unimaginative viral marketing route once again.

As for the fake video? I'm not sure that it was filmed 'live' or if it was totally fake, it was clearly made to show the new features rather than be a 'performance' video... wasnt that clear?
    i mean, i'm relatively confident the vid is a mock-up. personally, i'm not interested in mock-ups. so i'd prefer if NI labeled it as such so i could skip over it when browsing through NI's youtube channel. but it's no big deal obv

btw, NI itself writes "Watch the video and see how a DJ set can become a powerfully creative live performance." tbh, i think it's a bit of a joke that what the vid then shows is actually NOT a live performance.
    Last edited by rgtb; 01-17-2012 at 11:14 AM.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Ah right... i just put 2 and 2 together cus hes said something like "ive no idea what it is".
    Maybe he got an NI frisbee and doesnt know what it is. Yes apparently there are some NI frisbees knocking about the HQ... I hate frisbees.

I think its pretty safe to say that 2012 will be a bumper year for Traktorists ;-)
    Karlos, should we expect multiple color options for these frisbees? I'm already asuming they will carry the mk2 control signal since it would be the most logical path. Maybe he got confused because the hole was missing, rookie mistake.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgtb View Post
    karlos, i merely called NI's marketing getting more and more predictable and ridiculous. hopefully, not too many ppl get "hot and bothered" about NI's marketing campaigns, or, for that matter, anybody else's marketing campaigns.

however, i think it's legit and totally standard to criticize commercials. and i think NI's latest campaign sucks cause they're going down that same unimaginative viral marketing route once again.

i mean, i'm relatively confident the vid is a mock-up. personally, i'm not interested in mock-ups. so i'd prefer if NI labeled it as such so i could skip over it when browsing through NI's youtube channel. but it's no big deal obv

btw, NI itself writes "Watch the video and see how a DJ set can become a powerfully creative live performance." tbh, i think it's a bit of a joke that what the vid then shows is actually NOT a live performance.
    Yeah i totally see your point. I wasnt having a go or simply defending NI. I just think this is the way things are gonna be with all companies these days cus, it works.
    Some people do get rather irate at they way NI do things. I just think the products speak for themselves.
    I think the videos get scrutinised to pieces. I doubt there is any way what so ever that NI could make a video, and have wording or commentary that didnt get the piss taken out of it for some reason or another.

I think the vid is just a vehicle for the Kontroller and the new upcoming features in Traktor as a whole. Im didnt take it seriously as a performance video, maybe NI made it seem more like a performance but then again, how do you show something without it 'looking' like a performance unless you have some guy just going "and this button does this, and that button does that"... which i suppose most people would get more out of but hey, hype is hype.

No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Karlos, should we expect multiple color options for these frisbees? I'm already asuming they will carry the mk2 control signal since it would be the most logical path. Maybe he got confused because the hole was missing, rookie mistake.
    You know what. I believe that the frisbees were actually made from MK2 control vinyl... I shit you not

Quote Originally Posted by rgtb View Post
    i merely called NI's marketing getting more and more predictable and ridiculous.
    All marketing like this is predictable and ridiculous.

And all but the best is made up entirely of lies.

But it works.

Tech Mentor

I still want a frisbee.

Tech Guru

I'm a huge fan of NI promo videos. They're well
    shot and do a good job of demoing the product without
    Giving a dry walk through of all it's functions. However I'd like if they switched back forth between the viral videos and just Droppin the news on us (like the mikro).

Also anyone who's at all interested in promotion can't knock NI. This forum is living proof that this works. So if anything you should try to figure out how to incorporate some elements of their videos into
    Your own prpmotipns

As videos go, it does a decent job of showing:
    - the controller
    - the new features of the software
    ...which is certainly something that couldn't be said of the S4 teaser
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud