Native Instruments hints at new Traktor controller. Xone:K2 Competitor? - Page 2
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the shmobletons View Post
    please, please.... no onboard soundcard!
    I doubt they would, as it would kill the need for an A2. But this in turn could mean that if they DO include a soundcard, the price would be very high.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Looks like they pretty much copied the K2 since that view looks like it is looking down from the top of the unit. I still bet they didn't include a way to link controllers or any sort of usb hub, which is the biggest reason I would buy a K2.

Not that I really need any of them.
    I think if they added some kind of link, it would be too much of a copy of the K2. Yeah, it must be top down. Bass knob, or third effect knob in view.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    I doubt they would, as it would kill the need for an A2. But this in turn could mean that if they DO include a soundcard, the price would be very high.
    Dunno, the K2 has a soundcard. If it had a built in audio 2 and was same price as K2 it may well be a K2 killer.

Looks interesting
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Well by the looks of it I really don't think they are too worried about people thinking it is a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Dunno, the K2 has a soundcard. If it had a built in audio 2 and was same price as K2 it may well be a K2 killer.

Looks interesting
    Hm, if that scenario was true (which I'm not convinced it will be) then there should be a considerable pricedrop for the X1 I reckon.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Guru

Why the colors? It really does look like some kind of maschine/traktor hybrid. I honestly wasn't expecting any new traktor hardware, I thought we'd see maschine updates.

I think what would be really good is if it came with a decent piece of mapping software that would make it more accessible to map, considering it has all those buttons and no doubt it'll be capable of many layers...

E.g.

Button X: (Layer)
    Button X: (Function)
    Button X: (Colour On Press)
    Button X: (Active Colour)
    Button X: (Idle Colour)

With a function to export to a TSI.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Guru

The only use of colors to me is if the cue points became color coded.

you could make 7 shifts with rgb each having a different color, sounds good to me
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

Seriously. After being underwhelmed with the X1 I'd like another NI option. Is this the X2?

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Hm, if that scenario was true (which I'm not convinced it will be) then there should be a considerable pricedrop for the X1 I reckon.
    Quote Originally Posted by CryderSteez View Post

Seriously. After being underwhelmed with the X1 I'd like another NI option. Is this the X2?
    I'm pretty sure it might be. But I reckon it might be called the X4.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast