Native Instruments hints at new Traktor controller. Xone:K2 Competitor? - Page 12
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    displaying Traktor waveforms, cue point editing, scrolling through tracklists, visual feedback for fx encoder position, etc... lots of possibilities imo.
    Yeah but it's an expensive component that most likely won't work with anything but traktor that's redundant in the way that there is a better screen on the other end of a USB cable :P

Rather have no screen and a lower price. Hell even no screen and more buttons.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Hey, cute- a teaser video where you can actually see something for once. Seems I was right about the new software features.

I wish they would release an X1-like controller with just encoders and buttons, I have no need for pots and faders when/if xwax midi support happens due to the lack of anything that would fit an analogue control. So far Denon's DN HC 1000 seems like the best option.
    Last edited by MrPopinjay; 01-16-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Those sample decks are now on steroids. I was not expecting that kind of setup. It almost looks like the sample decks have been turned into mini Ableton session views. That's going to be a whole workflow revamp. It looks like the timecode can be used for the sample decks again.
    Looks like it, possibly more than 4 samples per slot but I could be wrong- it looked like you could scroll through them and change what 16 are on the pad grid like scrolling through clips on an APC40 or launchpad.

In any case it doesn't really do anything for me and I wish they would fix some more basic issues people have been begging for.

Update to Traktor, it seems. 2.2?
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tech Mentor

Looks really awesome, I wish they would have gone all the way an made the pads velocity/after-touch sensitive. From the look of it, I am thinking they are not.

does someone know how the leds are blinking on the x1 ? with what kind of mapping?

Quote Originally Posted by JuanSOLO View Post
    Looks really awesome, I wish they would have gone all the way an made the pads velocity/after-touch sensitive. From the look of it, I am thinking they are not.
    I'm pretty sure it will be, however when your launching clips, you really don't need 127 pressure notes...

Edit: NVM i see how it will come handy... regardless though, I'm pretty sure thats a standard thing

either way sign me up for 2 to start with, and maybe another 2...

Tech Mentor

Might not be velocity sensitive if it's just clip launching.

Either way this pretty much says that NI likely has nothing to do with bitwig.

Quote Originally Posted by Toast View Post
    Either way this pretty much says that NI likely has nothing to do with bitwig.
    Yeah, and why should they? There was no grounds whatsoever for such speculation
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/