Multiple mappings for same controller
    Tech Guru

Default Multiple mappings for same controller

I was toying around with the idea of having multiple mapping for the same controller. The reason for doing this would be to make it easier to edit these mappings. i.e. I would have the first mapping be Transport controls, the next for effects, the next for samples, so on and so forth.

The mapping I have now has hundreds of commands in it and it becomes such a chore if I program one thing wrong to try and get it to work with the other controls. If I could split it into 3-4 different mappings that would be awesome. Has anyone ever tried this? Is there anything on the software side that would prevent this?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Wizard

That works, I haven't done it personally but I've downloaded mappings with multiple TSI's in them for different parts of the mapping like effects, browsing, etc. just to make it easier to manage, so yes it shouldn't be an issue

Tech Guru

TY, The only problem I could think of that may occur would be with modifiers. But even that as long as I keep them correct across all mapping it should be ok.

as soon as I get my APC 40 in I will begin work on the Mega APC 80 Mapping hopefully have something to post in a few weeks if I can get enough time alone to knock it out.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Wizard

NP, Yeah one of them was the mapping for the Launchpad MIDI Fighter which is in this page actually and since you're getting the APC40 you could look at that and see what's been done, I'm not the most competent with modifiers atm but from the mappings I've used there haven't been any issues... Good luck!

Tech Wizard

I did it for my mapping, one list for loops, another for effects, and for hotcues etc... That's pretty convinient, but yes you have to edit modifiers in each list.