TraktorTools 1.0 (with TSI Merger, Channel Changer and Deck Remapper) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    Well or you can just have two separate mappings and map the ports to the given device. this is a new feature in TP 1.2. This means you can have overlapping command+channel combo's without having to do anything beyond just keeping the mappings separate.
    I am using two separate mappings, one combines my BCD and BCR together. Those automatically were set to different channels (1 and 7) so I had no problems there. For my AKAI I thought it would do the same thing, but it was assigned to channel 1, same as the BCD. Not all the buttons overlap, but some do, which is quite frustrating.

How do you map the ports to the given device?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DeeCee View Post
    I am using two separate mappings, one combines my BCD and BCR together. Those automatically were set to different channels (1 and 7) so I had no problems there. For my AKAI I thought it would do the same thing, but it was assigned to channel 1, same as the BCD. Not all the buttons overlap, but some do, which is quite frustrating.

How do you map the ports to the given device?
    Quote Originally Posted by Remote View Post
    The Akai should have a nice driver/program to do this, and I think the BCD3000 does in it's driver thing too. But the Akai (just guessing never owned one) would be easier/better to change
    Look in the drivers/setting program of the Akai there will be a section to redefine the channels and all the CCs, Notes.
    AND/OR you can
    In the traktor midi mapping section look up the top click the top drop down like and select new mapping. To the right of this box is 2 little box called device or something, click these and select the Akai in both. Now map away on the Akai but remember to only map the Akai in this mapping (you can switch selections up the top).

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    sure it is .. but as a programmer i would also say that the TSI format is a PITA. i want to use proper merge and diff tools etc. but i would say until you actually have modifiers that need to work across the two devices to apply KISS (keep it simple stupid).
    Not to argue my point but given the TSI format/editor is such a PITA setting the mapping and controllers up correctly the first time will save having to rebuild the mapping when you do need to share a modifier.

Tech Mentor

so is there currently no editor for new 1.2 traktor mappings?

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by RD444 View Post
    so is there currently no editor for new 1.2 traktor mappings?
    up up

Tech Student

Thanks.!
    Look This.. Is my keyboard mapping..
    Sorry for the lenguaje..
    :]

Tech Wizard

Is there anything to manage the TSI files ? I have 3 Mapping files but i need this in one! I am confused!
    MacBook Pro 2.5GHZ 667MHZ 4GB RAM - Traktor Kontrol S4 Mk1 / X1 Mk1 /F1 / Maschine / Audio 8

Soundcloud
    Facebook

Tech Guru

Not that I currently know of. There hasn't been an update to this program in a long time which is a shame. I'm not sure how difficult or what kind of encryption is on these files but they must have changed something with the release of 1.2 that makes this program not be able to read them.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Mentor

Basically the TSIs went from a XMLish set-up to a pile of HEX/ANSII soup that no one has so far had the patience to reverse engineer.

Tech Wizard

Thumbs down

Oh fuck that means i have to programm all again manually! hardshit!!! i say 5 days bye bye... mapping... i will call NI and ask them... :eek:
    MacBook Pro 2.5GHZ 667MHZ 4GB RAM - Traktor Kontrol S4 Mk1 / X1 Mk1 /F1 / Maschine / Audio 8

Soundcloud
    Facebook

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

let us know what they tell you.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast