TraktorTools 1.0 (with TSI Merger, Channel Changer and Deck Remapper) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKokot View Post
    Here's the proper download link:
    Download Traktor Tools 1.0

So how would you go about merging the SE layout with the own one? For example, I like the layout and AB/CD deck switching in the SE version but I'd like to keep the effects and the entire upper right corner as it is in my mapping. I also want to get rid of the entire middle section except the filter as I'm mixing externally and assign everything manually.

It's all a bit confusing, pain in the ass editing these things. Would you just delete everything that shouldn't be in both files and just merge? Or what's the best way?

I still don't understand the modifiers properly, which modifier is the AB/CD knob switch in the SE layout?
    *sigh*, people keep showing that they need a better way to manage their TSI files, but you do not endorse the approach that will enable this. i know i am ranting on about this, and it might seem like i am high jacking all sorts of threads, but right now the TSI export format simply does not lend itself to these kinds of use cases. the TSI merger is very limited in what it can really do for you simply because the underlying format is essentially crap.

so pleas please please +1 this on the NI forums.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

The deck remapper tool has a bug, which is largely down to the stupidity of the NI config file.

Every midi map line has a 'channel' assigned to it. This isn't the midi in/out channel, in this instance, its the deck that the midi key relates to, with -1 being 'focus, then a,b,c,d being 0,1,2,3.

However, the commands mapped to the FX units also share the same numbering system, starting with 0 for FX unit 1, and 1 for FX unit 2.

This means that if you use the deck remapper tool to change say deck a->c and b->d, then EVERY channel 0 will become a channel 2, and EVERY channel 1, will become a channel 3.

Now.. when the FX channels are changed, from 0 and 1, to 2 and 3, it fubars the file and when you reimport the file, traktor detects that you can't have that setting and removes the lines.

So be warned. If you use the deck remapper, you have to do some manual merging and splitting to preserve certain lines in your midi mapping, or they will get lost.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Guru

The bummer is .. since NI is now encoding the MIDI mappings in 1.2, I doubt that Rainer will be investing anymore time in keeping this tool up to date. We need to be in NI's face over this .. this sort of thing should become easier and not harder!
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Convert

Anyone know why the error "The selected file contains no midi settings." appears? The file definitely contains midi settings...

Tech Guru

Which version of Traktor .. the tool doesnt work anymore as of 1.2

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    Which version of Traktor .. the tool doesnt work anymore as of 1.2
    ah gotcha. Ya I'm running Scratch Pro 1.2.1. Is there an upgrade? Or something else I can use?

I have a BCD3000 and an AKAI MPD24. Trying to map the AKAI key pad as hotcues, but they use some of the same midi input commands as some of the BCD. How do I change the channel setting of one or the other so they don't overlap?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DeeCee View Post
    ah gotcha. Ya I'm running Scratch Pro 1.2.1. Is there an upgrade? Or something else I can use?

I have a BCD3000 and an AKAI MPD24. Trying to map the AKAI key pad as hotcues, but they use some of the same midi input commands as some of the BCD. How do I change the channel setting of one or the other so they don't overlap?
    The Akai should have a nice driver/program to do this, and I think the BCD3000 does in it's driver thing too. But the Akai (just guessing never owned one) would be easier/better to change

Tech Guru

Well or you can just have two separate mappings and map the ports to the given device. this is a new feature in TP 1.2. This means you can have overlapping command+channel combo's without having to do anything beyond just keeping the mappings separate.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    Well or you can just have two separate mappings and map the ports to the given device. this is a new feature in TP 1.2. This means you can have overlapping command+channel combo's without having to do anything beyond just keeping the mappings separate.
    Very true, and something I support a lot (check out my vci-300 tsi I broke everything up in just the controller). But could be a problem for cross controller modifers and just gets harder to read. Having everything on seperate channels is just good practise. I'm not sure there's a standard/best practise guide to setting up midi but as a programmer you'd have to agree minimising reuse of control names is probably a good idea

Tech Guru

sure it is .. but as a programmer i would also say that the TSI format is a PITA. i want to use proper merge and diff tools etc. but i would say until you actually have modifiers that need to work across the two devices to apply KISS (keep it simple stupid).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast