RekordBox users? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

The only thing being you'd need your laptop with the S4... whereas the CDJ2000/900/850s need only a jump drive. Therein lies the beauty, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev1911 View Post
    The only thing being you'd need your laptop with the S4... whereas the CDJ2000/900/850s need only a jump drive. Therein lies the beauty, imo.
    Yes, but you 'd have less effects (no changeable parameters) at your disposal, no samples to trigger, no 8 possible cuepoints...

I kinda miss that with pioneer. Like a lot.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

RekordBox really interests me, but the money required to really use means I probably never will.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    Yes, but you 'd have less effects (no changeable parameters) at your disposal, no samples to trigger, no 8 possible cuepoints...

I kinda miss that with pioneer. Like a lot.
    If you need Traktor effects and samples, the S4 is definitely for you. Needing (ok, wanting) multi-tiered, elaborate effects and sampling ability is a subjective thing. I, too, miss the sample decks of the S4. Talk about ridiculous possibilities and endless performance applications! I just love the sans laptop freedom provided by the CDJ/RekordBox combo more than the fancy Traktor effects and doodads.

For the record, RekordBox gives you 10 memory points (same idea as cue points) and 3 hot cues.... So if you like 8 possible more than 11, along with being chained to your laptop screen, more power to ya.

I started this thread to see who else besides myself is using RekordBox instead of Traktor/SSL/etc. I've used/owned NI and Serato themed gear and each setup has its own pros/cons. If we all liked the same thing we'd be sitting on the internet talking about Skrillex's haircut and David Guetta's fabulous DJ abilities.

This whole website is arguably dedicated to Traktor... This is the RekordBox thread, not the "I'd take an S4 over anything" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev1911 View Post
    If you need Traktor effects and samples, the S4 is definitely for you. Needing (ok, wanting) multi-tiered, elaborate effects and sampling ability is a subjective thing. I, too, miss the sample decks of the S4. Talk about ridiculous possibilities and endless performance applications! I just love the sans laptop freedom provided by the CDJ/RekordBox combo more than the fancy Traktor effects and doodads.

For the record, RekordBox gives you 10 memory points (same idea as cue points) and 3 hot cues.... So if you like 8 possible more than 11, along with being chained to your laptop screen, more power to ya.

I started this thread to see who else besides myself is using RekordBox instead of Traktor/SSL/etc. I've used/owned NI and Serato themed gear and each setup has its own pros/cons. If we all liked the same thing we'd be sitting on the internet talking about Skrillex's haircut and David Guetta's fabulous DJ abilities.

This whole website is arguably dedicated to Traktor... This is the RekordBox thread, not the "I'd take an S4 over anything" thread.

Well said! Variety is the spice of life!

Tech Mentor

i've asked this question before but never really got the right answer.....say i wanna plug in my usb stick/external into the cdj's, will the unit automatically read it or am i forced to use rekordbox prior to plugging it in?

Tech Mentor

Default RekordBox users?

As long as the USB drive is FAT32 formatted, the cdj will read the tracks.

I'd still recommend downloading/learning RekordBox (it's free) and analyzing your tracks... Just makes things better and enhances the experience.

Tech Mentor

i downloaded and installed rekordbox but its asking for a license key, where do i get one?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by 123xyz View Post
    i downloaded and installed rekordbox but its asking for a license key, where do i get one?
    http://www.prodjnet.com/rekordbox/support/download.php

Scroll down the page a bit and click on the button that says "license key".

Tech Mentor

stupid me

thx!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast