A Poll to match Dan's Santa's Top Wishlist for Traktor Pro 2! - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which wished are your favorites?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fix Mapping in Traktor

29 53.70%
  • Better iTunes Integration

21 38.89%
  • Fix History

11 20.37%
  • Traktor Bridge / ReWire support

13 24.07%
  • Alternate Layouts and Views

28 51.85%
  • Key Detection and Relative Adjustment

24 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

@Karlos, after Traktor restart you can find your latest list from history in: explorer > Archive.
    What they could do (somewhat related to history) is, have that playcount working inside of the explorer, not just playlists/library.

And then there is stuff like:
    - miniscule interactive area in phase meter (already written about it)
    - to be able to quickly disable screen layout (so it is easy to switch prev/next with shortcuts)
    - treat browser mode as a layout (so I can choose if screen segments like statusbar are visible)
    - snapping mouse to cue marker in stripe is next to impossible
    - player track-info: hide row if all values are set to [off] (give you a better view of waveform) When I c
    - allow traktor window to resize larger than primary screen (wont size over 1280x768 on 24" FullHD if it aint primary)
    - shortcut "just trigger cue" (do not store one if there is none in the place)
    - allow loops to be moved beyond the start point of the track

Those were somewhat general problems (the short list).
    Karlos, thanks for saying that thing about mapping window, that resize is not possible without magic. I'll hack their UI and see if that is true in the upcoming days. If I managed to map Alt+F4, I'll be able to do this, hopefully.

Here are the mapping-related ideas:
    - limit inpututput range (choose how much effect your MIDI 0-127 will have on the control. It would allow for some pretty cool deck-filter sweeps.)
    - add shortcut that allows toggling visibility of Global UI section
    - allow changing order of mappings
    - add dummy-separator to easily group mappings underneath it
    - copy-paste (self explanatory, eh?)

And some food for the brain:
    - differ keyobard devices like you do with MIDI (all PS/2 are in the same group but each HID USB can be treated separately)
    - multi mouse / multitouch support

PS: all this is the shortlist
    Last edited by ToS; 12-26-2011 at 04:47 AM. Reason: PS
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Maybe Dan wants a history that doesn't get deleted, when Traktor is closed? I too would think a longer lasting history would be more beneficial than one that gets zapped as soon as Traktor is closed.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

you just need to open the archive folder to discover all your previous history. Do I miss something ?
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Maybe. I sure am. I've never used this function at all. Maybe Dan could explain what he thinks it is broke more in detail here, because he says,

Last week at the DJ TechTools holiday party, I played a great set of Tech and Electro House. Today, I went to go and look at what tracks I played, when I mixed in and out, what BPM I was at – but couldn’t. Traktor’s history feature has been broken for some time now, with only the less-helpful track “Archive” folder in the Traktor Explorer.
    So he is aware of the archive folder.

scamo

So doesn't it make sense that History folder is used to quickly check if you played some track during the night (especially makes sense if you use explorer view that does not update playcounts, and sometimes not even a been-played checkmark)?

(wow, look at me actually defending the NI solution, this is new)

an article in digitaldjtips did make an interesting point about traktor and screen size/resolution

Traktor 2 in 1280x800 resolution is kinda cluttered, while SSL with the same resolution looks just fine, on the other hand traktor on 1440 resolution looks just right, perhaps more options regarding the layout would improve traktor?

although as it is traktor is pretty much perfect, everything i need and more
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

When I look at it, there is track-info row-hiding, the only thing is, you loose advanced deck options for some reason. Go figure.

Regular (3 info-rows, advanced options available)
    Attachment 6992

Maximised (1 info-row, advanced unavailable but there is no gain in space)
    Attachment 6993

I have also taken a look into the Archive folder and all histories were there. Actually all of them were there, since I actually started using Traktor. So I am also not sure what the issue is with the history system. Hopefully Dan will clarify his point.

scamo

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    I have also taken a look into the Archive folder and all histories were there. Actually all of them were there, since I actually started using Traktor. So I am also not sure what the issue is with the history system. Hopefully Dan will clarify his point.

scamo
    Thats right and they are all there, date stamped and all the information about what time you played the track and the duration is there.

History is probably badly named. It is Current Session History. Its just the current session and its right that it is wiped when the session is finished and filed into Archive.

I wasnt aware that people werent aware of Archive and History and the differences.

I remapped an entire controller last week in Traktor Pro 2, took me about an hour, but nothing software related bothered me at all.

I don't see what the problem is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast