Who scratches here? - Page 3
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Its a fair bit in before he starts in anger but its all awesome to watch...

He was quite famous in his time in the early 90's, a couple of hardcore anthems he wrote / produced charted quite well..

Christ , im getting old :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gtYY...ayer_embedded#!

Edit: if it aint your thing, fast forward to 51 minutes in... Then it gets really mental
    Last edited by U-31; 12-23-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    Can you expand on this a bit?
    basicly 2 & 3 click flares are childs play compared to the skill required to perform 1 clicks at double the speed of the song, because you can pull those off as soon as you get normal time 1 clicks down. The problem is that you can make a similar sound and speed using not much effort twiddling your fingers on the crossfader, but it never sounds as pronounced as 1 clicks. And once you get the action down you will be much better at making your hand do what you want it to do, so you can take on more difficult techniques.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    basicly 2 & 3 click flares are childs play compared to the skill required to perform 1 clicks at double the speed of the song, because you can pull those off as soon as you get normal time 1 clicks down. The problem is that you can make a similar sound and speed using not much effort twiddling your fingers on the crossfader, but it never sounds as pronounced as 1 clicks. And once you get the action down you will be much better at making your hand do what you want it to do, so you can take on more difficult techniques.
    This is EXACTLY where I am at and I am struggling to get out of that hole. My biggest issue that most of the tutorials show the 1 click flare on it's own but how to you transition into from another scratch? I find I almost have to stop, reset my brain and start them (badly).
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Wizard

think DJ angelo does something with a 1click into another scratch.
    Check out his youtube videos.

The Midlands Superstar's YT channel was my first port of call when I started learning all of this. I think he is one of the best instructors out there. BTW have you seen his reloop promo routine? What I need is a scratch that then goes into the 1 click. I'll figure my way out of the other end later

I will try and get a video done over Christmas and post it on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by U-31 View Post
    Its a fair bit in before he starts in anger but its all awesome to watch...

He was quite famous in his time in the early 90's, a couple of hardcore anthems he wrote / produced charted quite well..

Christ , im getting old :P

Edit: if it aint your thing, fast forward to 51 minutes in... Then it gets really mental
    This is great! This chap certainly has is process down! I liked the additional slipmat for mixing then using just the butter rugs for the scratching. It was also nice to see some gold fashioned hardcore and hardcore mixing techniques. I am thinking we might be equally as ancient too!

One of the challenges for me is that I now have two (currently) separated disciplines. What I am learning to scratch to (slower hip hop beats and minimal breakbeats) is not what I mix (d&b and minimal techno). It will be interesting to see where I end up when I start trying to merge them.

Tech Mentor

^^^ After seeing the standard of the guys i hang out with, can you now see why i don't bother trying to scratch?
    To say i'd be hopelessly outclassed is an understatement

Tech Mentor

Anyway, i can hold my beer miles better then him... so Ner ner...
    ( We have photographic evidence)

Quote Originally Posted by U-31 View Post

The genre isn't so much my cuppa anymore, but this guy has nice cutting skills, and I don't mean just the scratching. Send/return FX are a nice added touch.

@Smittttttttten :
    I've posted this a few times already, but here it is again - if you wonder how you can scratch to minimal techno. Not mindblowing but a good starting point if you feel comfy enough. Lots of beat juggling and mildly spicy TM scratching.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X79EgX0q0g

"Spicy" is a registered trademark of the Shiftee School of Scratch.

Tech Mentor

" but this guy has nice cutting skills, and I don't mean just the scratching. Send/return FX are a nice added touch."

That's the next big area where he wants to up his game, but using hardware effects rather then software...

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast