S4 pitch automatically moving
    Tech Convert

Default S4 pitch automatically moving

Hi guys:

Over the past few weeks I noticed that the pitch on my left side decks is moving up and down automatically when using my S4 mkI. This happens even if you sync them with the other decks. I do not seem to be having this problem when using my X1. Any ideas?

Regards,

Daniel

Tech Wizard

This is normal if you have master mode on - it becomes the master tempo for the other deck.

Try recalibrating, also have a look through this thread http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ontrol.124928/

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hopefully this is not an issue with dirt in your fader...

Tech Convert

Thanks, all. Reading the above thread was helpful and confirmed my fears. Its not a software problem, that is not how Master Mode works, and its not dirt. It would appear it is a hardware defect. Just waiting to hear back from NI.

When in sync the track will follow your master.
    So when you switch the master BPM the 2ndary track will follow but if you try changing the 2ndary BPM it won't do anything.

That's the whole point of sync so if you wanted to switch your BPM, click the master button on the track you want to change BPM on.

Tech Convert

I must not be making the issue very clear. That is part of the problem. When sync is engaged as you suggest above, the secondary BPM should not move, but, when that track is on Deck A or C, the left decks, the pitch is moving by itself anyway. It does this when sync is not engaged, as well. No matter how you are using the S4 and under any circumstances, the pitch fader on the left side of the S4 is causing the pitch fader in Traktor to move automatically. Its that simple. the pitch fader is broken somehow. As stated in the initial inquiry, I do not have this issue when using the X1, with or without sync engaged.

Recalibrate as suggested or just dump your drivers and reinstall them. Thats funky though. What a pain in the butt.

I had this problem with a second-hand S4 I bought last year. Turned out to be dirt in one of the upfaders. Was easily fixed.