press play on the s4, traktor play button lights up green, but the track isnt moving? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Thanks for you reaction!

Make: Dell 2012
    Model: Inspiron 15r SE 8 Gig's, i7, Radeon HD 7730
    options added: Eveything is still standard? At least I haven't tweaked anything
    OS software and service packs: Win7 64 bit, all up-to-date
    tsi map chosen: standard, just installed Traktor and all other drivers and software on this laptop
    USB port used: All

Quote Originally Posted by redpanda View Post
    I tried using ASIO4ALL but it didn't seem to help to get the Kontrol S4 to act as the actual sound card thingy.
    ASIO4ALL is not ASIO !!!!!!! It's the windows WDM drivers disguised as ASIO, always use the manufactures ASIO drivers, or the generic ASIO that Steinberg supply with Cubase etc.

ASIO is low latency and it bypasses the WDM side of things, ASIO4ALL "presents" ASIO but it's still using the WDM model and therefore will always have higher latency. Plus any machine/software specific items will not be accessible ... DVS is one area in TSP.
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Quote Originally Posted by MATEJOSA View Post
    Thanks for you reaction!

Make: Dell 2012
    Model: Inspiron 15r SE 8 Gig's, i7, Radeon HD 7730
    options added: Eveything is still standard? At least I haven't tweaked anything
    OS software and service packs: Win7 64 bit, all up-to-date
    tsi map chosen: standard, just installed Traktor and all other drivers and software on this laptop
    USB port used: All

Oh dear, that model is USB3 .......the S4 has "SERIOUS" issues with USB3. You may be able to get something from it using different NI drivers, but don't hold your breath.

There's good news though, Windows 8x64 doesn't have the same problem.

BTW great machine it should last you a long time.
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post

There's good news though, Windows 8x64 doesn't have the same problem.
    Can't get Windows 8 before tomorrow can I xd
    Oh I actually meant 17r, but I presume that doesn't make much of a difference, the USB ports are blue colored, guess that means they're 3.0 as well

Well, guess I'll start using other drivers then, where can I get older versions?

Btw, thanks for the indication. Might spare me a whole lot of time wasting searching for answers

actually you can dl w8 today .... then apply for your serial number (dell has an upgrade plan thats very cheap).

this is a 90 day trail version, fully functional direct from MS .. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/eval.../jj554510.aspx

you can try driver version 2.15, this has been reported to work a little better, but i've never managed to get it working and I have Dell USB3 too.

Tech Convert

Now downloading Win8, considering to put it to use. Maby multiboot? Just don't wanna depend on Win8 totally just yet. Thanks, and where can I download driver 2.15?

Btw I'm gonna connect Kontrol S4 to a USB hub, just out of curiousity but I bet that won't do the trick either?
    Last edited by MATEJOSA; 10-25-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MATEJOSA View Post
    Now downloading Win8, considering to put it to use. Maby multiboot? Just don't wanna depend on Win8 totally just yet. Thanks, and where can I download driver 2.15?

Btw I'm gonna connect Kontrol S4 to a USB hub, just out of curiousity but I bet that won't do the trick either?
    Hubs don't help I'm afraid. There's no such things as a USB3/USB2 converter either .. LOL. The ports are USB2 compatible, however the NI software doesn't like the fact that they are USB3 hosts.

The older drivers can be downloaded from the service centre (you have to log in and have registered software to get access). You can also get to them from "your account" when registered with NI.

hope that helps
    Last edited by JSM; 10-25-2012 at 05:41 AM.

Tech Convert

Okay I'm REALLY considering to install Win8 for a short time JUST to get Traktor working. But there a just a few points that bother me, not sure if you can answer these?

* Can I multiboot? I wish to keep Win7 just for work and school
    * If not, do I keep all my files? Music, programs, or does in install sweep everything out?
    * After the 90-day trail (or sooner), can I easily fallback to Win7?
    * Is there a garantee that Traktor wíll work with USB 3.0 ports on Win8?

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can multi-boot - make sure you know what you are doing though.

with all installations it's best to start fresh ... I dropped in a different hard disk, that way nothing is messed up.

after 90 days, the software terminates and will require re-installation, it's a part of their security measures.

Going back from this trail is not possible, but if you know where to look, there's other copies around that are not trail versions ... can't tell you where on this forum ..it's against the rules.

The only guarantee I can give, is that I made this discovery, informed NI about it, did the trails with six different chipsets and flavours of W7 ......now NI use my findings in their support for USB3.

It's worked on everything I've thrown at it, there's one small issue though, the trakor.exe remains "active" when closing it down, you must kill the application by using the taskman, NI knows about this and "should" be working on it.

Don't worry about Metro, you don't have to use it, I just go directly to the desktop and it's just like W7

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post
    Yes you can multi-boot - make sure you know what you are doing though.

with all installations it's best to start fresh ... I dropped in a different hard disk, that way nothing is messed up.

after 90 days, the software terminates and will require re-installation, it's a part of their security measures.

Going back from this trail is not possible, but if you know where to look, there's other copies around that are not trail versions ... can't tell you where on this forum ..it's against the rules.

The only guarantee I can give, is that I made this discovery, informed NI about it, did the trails with six different chipsets and flavours of W7 ......now NI use my findings in their support for USB3.

It's worked on everything I've thrown at it, there's one small issue though, the trakor.exe remains "active" when closing it down, you must kill the application by using the taskman, NI knows about this and "should" be working on it.

Don't worry about Metro, you don't have to use it, I just go directly to the desktop and it's just like W7

They didn't fix, with 2.6, the small problem in Windows8, with the traktor.exe still running after closing. (with quite a load too!) ... but it's not a big problem, more importantly it works with USB3 and it's pretty stable (I'll know more today as I have some time before the club to do testing).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast