press play on the s4, traktor play button lights up green, but the track isnt moving? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Hey guys!

I've got the exact same problem! Pressing play won't start anything at all while the rest of the functions are fully operational. On the contrary to Redpanda's experience, plugging the USB to another slot isn't working for me...

Any other ideas?? I've got to play this friday! I really hope it will work! On my desktop it still works fine!

Thanks in advance!!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MATEJOSA View Post
    Hey guys!

I've got the exact same problem! Pressing play won't start anything at all while the rest of the functions are fully operational. On the contrary to Redpanda's experience, plugging the USB to another slot isn't working for me...

Any other ideas?? I've got to play this friday! I really hope it will work! On my desktop it still works fine!

Thanks in advance!!
    I can't remember what exactly but in settings there is the option to choose the S4 or your local sound card for AUdio processing, maybe try playing around with that. I've also found for some silly reason, if i don't plug in and turn everything on in a particular order it doesn't like to work.

My order is:
    Start Traktor
    Plug in S4
    Turn on S4
    Turn off S4
    Turn on S4

and then it works, lol, hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by redpanda View Post
    I can't remember what exactly but in settings there is the option to choose the S4 or your local sound card for AUdio processing, maybe try playing around with that. I've also found for some silly reason, if i don't plug in and turn everything on in a particular order it doesn't like to work.

My order is:
    Start Traktor
    Plug in S4
    Turn on S4
    Turn off S4
    Turn on S4

and then it works, lol, hope this helps.
    That's weird. All I do is to have S4 always turned on and boot the computer, start Traktor and it works.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Wizard

Yeah i know it's weird, but it only takes a second to do, so i've accepted it as part of the process

Quote Originally Posted by redpanda View Post
    Yeah i know it's weird, but it only takes a second to do, so i've accepted it as part of the process
    What system/HW? Suspect HW or system issues...
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Convert

Redpanda:

We're talking about the same issue right? Once, you could starup Traktor, use all the functionalities but never could start a track (the play button highlighted in green, but the track would not move nor would you hear any sound). But now, you can right?

In that case, the very next thing I'm gonna do tomorrow morning before I go off to work is follow those steps you just discribed above:

* I already opened Traktor Kontrol S4 Control Panel and Traktor S4
    * Plug in S4
    * Turn on S4
    * Turn off S4
    * Turn on S4

I reall really hope that's gonna work. Otherwise I'm <insert painfull word here>.

I just don't get it, both my desktop ánd my laptop have Traktor software/drivers/utilities installed from the same disc and both are up-to-date. But only my laptop is giving me a hard time and the specs are well above recommended.
    I've also posted this on the Native Instruments forum. But there aren't that many peeps to support each other >.< Also contacted Native Instruments tech support. But that's a service that presumably takes dáys before you get you first reply. Party already wasted by then :'(

Oh and Redpanda, if there is any other aspect you might suspect that had influence on helping out to fix it the problem, pleease mention it I won't have much time tomorrow but I'm gonna give everything to get that thing working.

Cheers

Tech Wizard

Yeah i used to have that problem all the time on my old laptop, and it was just about trying to get it to work cause sometimes it would, i think the point is more to try different combinations. I would suggest contacting NI directly, i mean you have an S4 they provide support for that.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    What system/HW? Suspect HW or system issues...
    HP Laptop, pretty new, but having a few issues with it at the moment about to send it off to get replaced so thats my guess as the issue. If i still have it afterwards then i'll try and work it out, untill then this works.

Tech Convert

Dear god that turning off/on part doesn't work for me. I'm really out of ideas now. I've been messing around with the audio devices that can be chosen, only one works, but then the speakers of my laptop become the output sound.
    17256837.jpg
    Besides, the delay increases

Dear god what do I do now.... any help is appreaciated!

Quote Originally Posted by MATEJOSA View Post
    Dear god that turning off/on part doesn't work for me. I'm really out of ideas now. I've been messing around with the audio devices that can be chosen, only one works, but then the speakers of my laptop become the output sound.
    17256837.jpg
    Besides, the delay increases

Dear god what do I do now.... any help is appreciated!
    Exactly which model laptop do you have ?

Make:-
    Model:-
    options added:-
    OS software and service packs:-
    tsi map chosen:-
    USB port used:-
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast