What I would like to see in Pioneer's next CDJ - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    CDJ-2000 style player with an option for zoomed in waveforms. An ability to select a master deck and then have a phase meter on each player that would work through ethernet.
    I actually really hate this idea. If you're going to use sync, use sync. Bitchy, repetitive, technical things are what computers are good at. If a computer (or DSP chip) is going to be doing all the thinking anyway, then take the human completely out of it and let him/her do what humans are good at instead of pretending.

Phase meters are stop-gap solutions for posers.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I actually really hate this idea. If you're going to use sync, use sync. Bitchy, repetitive, technical things are what computers are good at. If a computer (or DSP chip) is going to be doing all the thinking anyway, then take the human completely out of it and let him/her do what humans are good at instead of pretending.

I guess I would just like to see options on an $1900 player. All the tech is already there with quantized songs with rekordbox and a phase meter could be useful on a 3-4 CDJ setup.

Really though that's not that important and I mainly just want to see zoomed scrolling style waveforms in the browser area. The 2000 is setup for them perfectly and if only they had a button to toggle between the browser and zoomed waveforms and maybe use the browse encoder to zoom in or out- if nothing else than to see the detail of a loop when it is engaged.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 12-22-2011 at 09:27 AM.

I admit that it's wierd, but I kinda just go "meh" about that. I hate zoomed-in waveforms. Never use them except to set beat grids…and I look forward to the day when I don't have to do that anymore.

But, you're probably right…it should be an option if they can get it to work without cluttering up the controls.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I admit that it's wierd, but I kinda just go "meh" about that. I hate zoomed-in waveforms. Never use them except to set beat grids…and I look forward to the day when I don't have to do that anymore.
    That day was 1989. I was there and it was glorious.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

cdj 2000 with slip mode.......

CDJ-2000 style player with an option for zoomed in waveforms. An ability to select a master deck and then have a phase meter on each player that would work through ethernet.

Not that I'm into pioneer mixers, but to go along with it the next DJM-2000 style mixer would have a center LCD screen angled at the top that could show vertical or horizontal scrolling SSL style waveforms for each player through ethernet, you could have a larger file browser and cover art browser and load tracks through the mixer, and could do a lot of the rekordbox stuff right on the mixer.
    Cant play by ear? You dont need waveforms......

Quote Originally Posted by DjZzeless View Post
    Cant play by ear? You dont need waveforms......
    It's not really a need thing, but why not have the option?

Yes, there are times where I think zoomed waveforms are useful and like having the option of looking at them. You have them currently with a laptop connected running rekordbox but it would be better to just put them on the player and have an option to toggle between the browser and zoomed waveforms. It wouldn't take away from anything and seems pretty doable.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    That day was 1989. I was there and it was glorious.
    Yeah…I meant when I have the equipment/mapping to do it again.

It'll probably happen some time this weekend if all goes well. How…how do I give Maschine a pitch control that's more precise than +/-1 BPM…………I think it's time to use Traktor's midi clock but not sync…if for nothing else than humor.

Or, you know, get another job and actually buy turntables again.

There are times where I think zoomed waveforms are useful and like having the option of looking at them.
    I actually don't. Since I found Small and Micro views in Traktor, I haven't looked at a zoomed in waveform except when setting beat grids.

The sound of ziiiing. What's with all these people who can't even beatmatch ?

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    The sound of ziiiing. What's with all these people who can't even beatmatch ?
    you would be surprised at how many so called djs I know who come and play with me can't at all. I play at this one place and when they have to transition to another dj with different equipment or something goes wrong they call me over to do it. Pretty sad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast