The Future of Djing? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

SLOW. Thats what the future will be. I mean how far have we come in since the days of Disco making the DJ the star. Yeah the tech is great but its still the basic same setup.

All these controllers come out and most disappear and the companies in control of the development (NI serato technics vestax blah blah) are only just coming to terms with the fact that they need to work together a bit more to make people happy but they arent in the business of making low end users happy. As long as theres enough people to buy the gear they will continue to compete and keep us all buying bits and pieces and having this conversation for years to come.

Turntables are dead and mp3 djs will be the only djs around was what i was told about 10years ago and decks are still being sold in their millions.

The future of Djing (for the time being) will just be more of the same confusion.
    Which controller, which soundcard, which DVS is best blah blah.

I just hope the future has LESS crap electro-house-wank cus i am SO bored of the same lame DJs getting to much attention like the numb-skulls on that DJ list that Moniker and JesC should be on instead of fricking Tiesticle and Paul Van Driver and all that rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    SLOW
    disagree change is perpetuated inside the software now, meaning that any person at home is able to facilitate that change, not like before when change was limited to tech bought out by companies.

maybe youre right about the hardware side of things, but the true potential of digital is software based, and the population of nerds working on bettering things has multiplied significantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

I just hope the future has LESS crap electro-house-wank cus i am SO bored of the same lame DJs getting to much attention like the numb-skulls on that DJ list that Moniker and JesC should be on instead of fricking Tiesticle and Paul Van Driver and all that rubbish.
    totally agree with you there tho hahaha

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Hahaha Yeah i hear mate. I think the development is definitely speeding up but i just think its not gonna be as quick as what the user demands. I think companies like to keep people (the market) hungry.

[QUOTE=

I just hope the future has LESS crap electro-house-wank cus i am SO bored of the same lame DJs getting to much attention like the numb-skulls on that DJ list that Moniker and JesC should be on instead of fricking Tiesticle and Paul Van Driver and all that rubbish.[/QUOTE]
    Amen to that . It's not like I hate what they do as much as what they are projected as . Now trance/electro/progressive house aint my cup of tea but I do understand it has it's place and time . But I do believe we're coming into a new era of bass injected music that blurs the line between styles .

i feel like the future of dj'ing is going to see a much closer relationship between the hardware and the end-user. i feel that technologies such as Apple's Multi-touch technology and clean UI's (with more power than any of it's predecessors) will further incorporate the bond between the user and the equipment. jazzmutant has already started in this direction with their lemur with the multi-touch surface and fully customizable UI that is simple, beautiful, and extremely powerful.

just my $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by darrel855 View Post
    Amen to that . It's not like I hate what they do as much as what they are projected as . Now trance/electro/progressive house aint my cup of tea but I do understand it has it's place and time . But I do believe we're coming into a new era of bass injected music that blurs the line between styles .
    mmmmm musical chaos

Hahaha Yeah i hear mate. I think the development is definitely speeding up but i just think its not gonna be as quick as what the user demands. I think companies like to keep people (the market) hungry.
    o i get ya, yea fully. thats how all tech works. technology would advance way faster if the corporations werent trying to drip every last dollar from the market.

Tech Wizard

Do you guys think sites like Beatport and Stompy are going to have everyone playing the same tracks at the same time?

im not sure what you mean exactly. do you mean, as the main sources of digital music, they have control over whats sold/played? not to mention a global overveiw of what popular?

Quote Originally Posted by movement23 View Post
    Do you guys think sites like Beatport and Stompy are going to have everyone playing the same tracks at the same time?
    That's not a worry it was the same way when every one was only playing vinyl the people who were in it for all the wrong reasons had all same records and shopped at all the same stores while those of us who were in it for music would shop any where and every where we could to find all the right pieces of the puzzle .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast