Track Selection - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Track Selection

Hmmm, What I do is search through everything (within reason) even in genres I don't usually look at, and grab a bit of everything, then some how blend it into one seemless mix, ur mix on soundcloud seems quite generic for electro (not that its a bad thing, I wish i could get 600 plays) . . . However when I put tunes together I think about how they blend to create a new sound as opposed to sounding like two tunes running together in sync, I try to merge them so it sounds like a new phrase of the tune. Hope that makes sense.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by rdubs23 View Post
    I was making a half-joke, as every once in awhile on soundcloud I'll get a track sent to me saying: "So-and-so shared a track with you and 5969504 other people!" This is entirely the wrong way to go about it, however like you said, groups on soundcloud and dropboxes are a fantastic resource.

FWIW, I really liked your mix, but I am generally opposed to any mixes under half an hour, would really like to see what you can do in half an hour, an hour, or even longer.

Well, you just taught me something I hadn't previously known about SoundCloud. Using a contact list. Since I only use the free account, I can only have one list of 20 people. So that doesn't work for me. So, I had to do it the hard way. So thanks for indirectly helping me learn that.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by U-31 View Post
    Back when we all started to first try our hand at this game, we were all , yeah lets be honest here shall we, that clueless twat.

I had a bit of an advantage over a lot of folk because back then i was hanging out with some serious talent, bombarded with sensational music in warehouses beaches quarries and fields at night, then back to the dj's houses when that was over to carry on the party, crate digging there in to tunes id never ever be exposed to otherwise.

And yes, when i first started besides the god awful trainwrecks there was the unbelievably shite tune selection that were never ever gonna make a coherent set.

Your ear develops over time, unless you're incredibly gifted or nicking set lists from other dj's to spin yourself.

There is no way to bypass this fact, not even the high and mighty camelot wheel a lot of you swear by.

If your bored at any point, flick through my stuff on mixcloud at some point, ill promise you one thing, according To the Camelot system, most of my stuff shouldnt be in the same room together, let alone work.

Train and trust your ears.

I personally use the Camelot system and Rapid Evolution to find the keys of anything that isn't already known. Mixed in key has some better features, but, isn't 100% accurate. And, there have been some song I have mixed that according to Camelot shouldn't work and they worked better than anything else I tried. So I use it as a guide, but I do not put 100% faith in it.

Tech Mentor

Exactly, its a tool and a guide, but them weird sticky out things on the side of yer head and the grey jelly in between them.. learn to use and trust them

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234