Jog Wheel Mapping

Default Jog Wheel Mapping

Ok I've been pulling my hair out over this one. And yes, I've searched google, the forum, and other peoples maps to try and figure out what I'm going wrong but still at a lose. I've got an American Audio vms4 which has two multi-touch sensitive jog wheels, yet I don't even need to use the multi-touch to do what I need to do.

Here is what I want to do:
    When scratch is on, which is simply a toggle button, and I move the jog wheel using the inner touch sensitive portion, or the outer touch portion, or both portions of the jog wheel, the song scratches. When I let go of the jog wheel and am no longer touching it and the jog wheel is not rotating, the song continues playing, and the scratch button is still on. When the scratch on button is toggled off, it stops scratches and the song continues playing from there. When the scratch button is off and the jog wheel is moved, nothing happens (because I haven't determined what I want it to do yet).

What happens:
    When scratch is on with the toggle button, and the jog wheel is moved, it scratches (yes the sensitivity level of the controller manager command scratch is set accordingly). When I stop scratching/touching/moving thee jog wheel, the song does not start playing again. Instead the BPM fader reads 0.00 and nothing I do will bring it up unless I turn the scratch button off. Only then will the song start playing again. And of course when scratch is off the jog wheel is unaffected, as it should be.

It's the tiniest problem but it makes all the difference being able to have the song play immediately after I stop scratching.

Any ideas on what I can do to make this work properly?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by chaomocha View Post
    Ok I've been pulling my hair out over this one. And yes, I've searched google, the forum, and other peoples maps to try and figure out what I'm going wrong but still at a lose. I've got an American Audio vms4 which has two multi-touch sensitive jog wheels, yet I don't even need to use the multi-touch to do what I need to do.

Here is what I want to do:
    When scratch is on, which is simply a toggle button, and I move the jog wheel using the inner touch sensitive portion, or the outer touch portion, or both portions of the jog wheel, the song scratches. When I let go of the jog wheel and am no longer touching it and the jog wheel is not rotating, the song continues playing, and the scratch button is still on. When the scratch on button is toggled off, it stops scratches and the song continues playing from there. When the scratch button is off and the jog wheel is moved, nothing happens (because I haven't determined what I want it to do yet).

What happens:
    When scratch is on with the toggle button, and the jog wheel is moved, it scratches (yes the sensitivity level of the controller manager command scratch is set accordingly). When I stop scratching/touching/moving thee jog wheel, the song does not start playing again. Instead the BPM fader reads 0.00 and nothing I do will bring it up unless I turn the scratch button off. Only then will the song start playing again. And of course when scratch is off the jog wheel is unaffected, as it should be.

It's the tiniest problem but it makes all the difference being able to have the song play immediately after I stop scratching.

Any ideas on what I can do to make this work properly?
    Does it scratch even if you don't touch the touch-sensitive portion (spinning from the side, for example)? It sounds like you need to add a scratch off command. This would be done by adding an inverted command for scratch on set directly to 0, using the note triggered by touching (not spinning) the jog platter.

Hope that helps.
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube