Traktor pro does not recognize my vci 100
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor pro does not recognize my vci 100

I Just received my vci 100 and installed the firmware 1.3, along with the tks file 1.4.20. i am currently running traktor pro 1.1.1 on windows xp sp3 and i have uninstalled and reinstalled traktor about 12 times now. i still can't get the vci to show up on the midi menu. the pc does recognize the vestax, but traktor does not. in my last few re installments, traktor has asked me if i am running a midi controller when i first run the program right after installing it. i press yes and select the vci 100, but when the program starts running, the vestax does not show up on the midi menu. i can load the tsi file no problem.. i have been trying for the past 5 hours and still can't get it. do i need a midi translator? i installed the midi yoke and traktor does recognize the midi yoke running and it shows up on the midi menu, but not the vestax.. if anybody has a clue please hit me up... right now i'm desperate and frustrated..

hey lobo, it suxs that you can get the vci to run, have you tried using it on another computer?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Convert

no i don't have another computer... i thought about it though...

i would install he demo on a friends computer to see if the vci works.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Convert

i like the idea ... thanx

Tech Convert

I'm having the same problem. I just went though all the upgrades to my VCI-100, and Traktor Pro 1.1.1 can't see it. I'm using the demo version right now. Please please please let me know if there is a way to fix this.

Tech Convert

Both the upgrade card and the power cable were connected directly to my computer (Serial to USB for the upgrade card). Renesas seemed to flash my VCI with no problem on the first try, so I disconnected everything and restarted. The demo of Traktor Pro 1.1.1 doesn't recognize my VCI at all. If I load Traktor 3.3, the VCI still shows up and works (although the mappings are funny now). I also installed Traktor Pro on a friends computer, and it doesn't show up there either. What could be wrong here?

Tech Convert

hey migs, i have spent countless hours for the last few days researching the problem. from what i have gathered, the problem is the usb drivers that are connected to your computer. apparently Logitech devices have a certain way of blocking midi signals from communicating between traktor and the vci. they say it's only the Logitech webcam, but i don't have a webcam, i have Logitech mouse and keyboard. when i go into device manager and look into usb devices while having the vci plugged in, i have 2 composite audio devices because the pc is picking up the keyboard as an audio device. don't ask me why. i borrowed my brothers laptop and installed Tpro and the vci, and had no problems.. everything works as it should. he is running windows XP SP2.
    so what i'm gonna do is, reformat my HD and install a fresh copy of WIN XP SP3. i'm gonna buy a new mouse and keyboard that is not Logitech and reinstall the program. hopefully it'll work. if not, then i'll reformat the HD again and install WIN XP SP2. i think it's better formatting the entire drive and installing fresh copies of XP rather than going through the registry and trying to delete drivers and programs, which i allready tried and didn't work for me. i am by no means a computer wizz, but i have read a lot of forums and tried different things and nothing seems to work. i know for a fact the problem is the usb drivers' interference with the midi signal..
    i will do all this sometime saturday and will post comments on what happened. wish me luck... and let me just say, after installing the vci and trying it out on my brothers' laptop, all this hard work is worth it..

Tech Convert

Lobo thanks so much for putting this on. The strangest thing just happened. I was just in the middle of writing about my plan, and a strange quirk inside the program, and then BAM I got it to work! I have to test it out to make sure everything is functional, but I'm definitely receiving signals properly on first glance! In the Midi Setup tab, there was an entry in Midi In and Midi Out: USB Audio Device [Emulated]. Like a dumbass, I didn't try it before. I opened Traktor to check what it was called to write it on here for you. I activated it this time though, and voila, it started working. I hope you have the same luck, or fail that I hope you figure it out without too much trouble. I'll catch you on here, or if you happen to be bored, check out www.djmigs.com for some electro house. Cheers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast