Native Instruments AUDIO 4 DJ - Page 9
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

its a toss up between the big 8 and the small 4. I'm still at a stand still.

But then again I tend to OVER analyze LOL
    All we ever have is now ...

Tech Guru

I just bought a Presonus Firebox and found out from the company that it will work bus powered on my Macbook and got a new one for $218.00 with Fed Ex shipping.
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    I don't wanna get into a pissing match, but if you click the Details link, you get this:

Also...there's this post:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...3&postcount=96

So, yeah, it supports timecode.
    hi i'm new to the forum... i own a traktor 3.3... I've heard that it has as well an activable timecode option. If I activate that, do you think it would work with an audio4dj (i have the possibility to buy one used)? Or only with the audio8dj?

thank you

you need to buy traktor scratch in order to have timecode with Traktor 3. Even so, it's not likely that the Audio4 code will be in the earlier versions (Scratch, T3).

Why not just upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro and get the Audio4? You're going to need to purchase a soundcard and Traktor Scratch anyway...might as well get the latest version.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    you need to buy traktor scratch in order to have timecode with Traktor 3. Even so, it's not likely that the Audio4 code will be in the earlier versions (Scratch, T3).

Why not just upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro and get the Audio4? You're going to need to purchase a soundcard and Traktor Scratch anyway...might as well get the latest version.
    so, if I understand correctly, you suggest to buy the used audio4dj from my friend and buy a traktor scratch pro from native? but there is no possibility to upgrade traktor 3 only "softwarewise"... if I do the upgrade (79 euros) i am supposed to have already a copy of scratch, if I do the crossgrade (499 euros) i get the audio8 dj and it's anyway way too much for me right now. I hoped to get this used audio4dj for 170 euros and then spend a little money to activate the traktor 3.3 timecode option...
    but as far as i understand it is not possible...

thanks anyway

Tech Guru

Is it possible to just buy the audio4dj under an educational discount?

What kind of latency are you getting with the Audio 4 and / or Audio 8?

I'm able to use my M-Audio FW 410 at a latency 5.5 ms with my 1.8 GHz, 2GB RAM laptop. I am interested in purchasing one because of it's size and build, but I would hope that it would perform just as good if not better than a latency of 5.5 ms.

i have my audio 4 dj at 5.5 but have switched back and forth between that and around 8. i've had it lower at home and didn't have any problems with it either except for this small audio drop out when i select the delay effect on my vci-100se that sometime occurs at any latency setting. i'm not sure if that's a audio card issue or not. i'm tending to think not but who knows. still trying to sort that out. that's on traktor 3.4.

i have a macbook 2.2 intel with 2 gig ram.

so overall i've been happy with the audio 4. played live with it 4 times now doing 4/5 hour sets and it's been solid.

Thanks shminder!!!

Any other proud (or not so proud) owners with perfomance data?

no problem. ean just wrote me back regarding the delay/audio drop thing and it's not related to the audio card or latency at all. just an issue with the effect when engaging it. so with that out of the way the audio 4 dj has been perfect. no problems at all and sounds great!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast