M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

No, on the Audio8.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

ahh sorry thought you were saying cahukk was correct. I was beginning to think i could have just got an audio4 just then instead of an 8.

Cheers Mr Advocate
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Convert

ahh i see now. I read this thread from start and its well explained. So you recommend me to save money and buy audio8 or onother soundcard with enough outs? How good is Traktor internal mixer? Can you hear a difference betweem internal and external mixer?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

No problem Mr. MoleyMole

I think Traktor's internal mixer is spot on. Some people will say you can hear a difference, but I think it's all in their head.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Hi all - I recently bought the arcade edition VCI-100 from this site. I havent got a chance to try it yet because Im seperated by 6000 miles (Im in Tanzania and its in Canada - so sad) - so aside from getting my traktor library prepped for when I finally get my hands on the device - I've been spending some time planning which sound card to get.

The Audio4 looks great but I have a few questions, specifically if its possible to use with turntables... I read the posts before this about scratch duo etc but admit I was a bit confused.

Is there a setup I can buy which will allow me to do the following scenarios:

• control a turntable using my vci 100 mixer (playthrough, not timecoded vinyl)

• control two turntables (like serato) but use the vci-100 as well?

• use the vci-100 and traktor pro when I dont have access to my turntables

Essentially Im looking for a soundcard that will also work as a serato scratch replacement AND work with my vci100 when I dont lug around my decks.

Ideally it would be one piece of software for all these scenarios so I can share: settings, mp3 libraries and effects.

I hope this makes sense. Ean mentioned to me this was possible and that he wants to do an article on the blog about it at some point, so I thought I'd jump the gun and get your opinions.

Thanks all!
    Bart

Audio8, not Audio4, will get you what you want.

Tech Convert

Audio8, not Audio4, will get you what you want.
    Ok let me just confirm, I only one one of these scenarios at a time, not all at same time:

• playthrough a record on my turntable using my vci 100 mixer in addition to the usual decks in Traktor pro (Ideally the turntable would be on deck three or four in the software) OR

• control two turntables using time encoded vinyl but use the vci-100 to mix and control them (ideally have deck three and four be loops or more tracks) OR

• use the vci-100 and traktor pro features alone when I dont have access to my turntables

I dont want to do all these at once. They are like three typical scenarios I may be in when djing.

So, in terms of software is there a Traktor Pro version which has all the features AND allows time encoded vinyl control? Is that what Traktor scratch pro is or do I need to buy a version of Traktor pro and then traktor scratch pro seperately?

Thanks
    Bart
    Last edited by surfacescan; 06-23-2009 at 11:47 AM.

If you only need one of those scenarios at any given time, then the Audio4 is perfect for you.

Traktor Scratch Pro is the version you want.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast