Native Instruments AUDIO 4 DJ - Page 12
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zeerow View Post
    It seems like a fair question to me. Considering using DVS might be something a person doesn't even enjoy after using a MIDI controller, buying a Serato or T Scratch kit for $500 including software seems a little steep compared to taking a $200 hit to give DVS a try on software you already use. Plus, the A4 could then just be used as a nice external sound card for regular Tpro if you decide against DVS.

I just don't understand the bitterness towards a fair, non-bragging question.
    Download the trial versions of both and play around with them first.

Oh wait, you can't do anything with Serato's software without the required hardware!

Tech Convert

I just received my audio4, the thing is rock solid. I found it online with traktor pro upgrade (audio 4dg w/ included traktorLE + traktor pro upgrade) for $299...which, I suppose, is the same as buying it separate. http://www.gigasonic.com/NI-Audio4DJ-TraktorProUPG.html. They also sell the audio4 for $199 alone and they honor student discounts on a lot of software (Traktorpro for $137).

Also just ordered my vci100SE which should ship april 30, when that arrives I should be set.

Quick question though, can I not use my built in speakers as monitors? I've got the audio4 plugged in and headphones into the audio4 (which in traktor is set as my audio device) but no sound comes out of the speakers or headphones. Then when I switch to built in, I've got audio out the speakers but no cueing... I need to buy monitors and route them through the audio4 yea?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brokenglass View Post
    I just received my audio4, the thing is rock solid. I found it online with traktor pro upgrade (audio 4dg w/ included traktorLE + traktor pro upgrade) for $299...which, I suppose, is the same as buying it separate. http://www.gigasonic.com/NI-Audio4DJ-TraktorProUPG.html. They also sell the audio4 for $199 alone and they honor student discounts on a lot of software (Traktorpro for $137).

Also just ordered my vci100SE which should ship april 30, when that arrives I should be set.

Quick question though, can I not use my built in speakers as monitors? I've got the audio4 plugged in and headphones into the audio4 (which in traktor is set as my audio device) but no sound comes out of the speakers or headphones. Then when I switch to built in, I've got audio out the speakers but no cueing... I need to buy monitors and route them through the audio4 yea?
    Thanks
    lol. uhm yeah. Search around a bit, your question is answer a few times.

Tech Convert

thought so, thanks

Tech Wizard

Default Any feedback on the DJ 4 Audio?

I am looking in to sound cards and that one looks sick!

Wow, this card is massive! Had a Echo Audiofire 2 and a NumarK DJ I/O before, and none of them compared to the quality of this one. I do think that my Audiofire was defect though. The Audio 4 DJ is rock solid, it can even take a Gin & Tonic spill and still play on. The levels are high enough to give you all the headroom you want, and you can monitor everything on the unit - you can even monitor USB-streaming errors via the application!

So, to sum it up - I love this piece :P

Tech Convert

I have Audio Kontrol 1 at the moment, but looking for Audio 4. My main concern is that Audio 4 dont have MIDI ins and out. I need midi connection cuz im mixing on DDM4000 and this mixer doesent have USB port, only MIDI.
    I found MIDI to usb cabel converters, but they have large price tag (costs 3 times more than gameport connection) Found a substitute in gameprot to midi cabel. Im wondering whats the latency compared to direct connection from mixer to interface? Any other suggestions?
    Reason for looking at Audio 4 is 4 deck external mixing in Traktor, that was impossible with AK1.
    Last edited by cahukk; 05-21-2009 at 07:12 AM.

You need an Audio 8 if you want to do 4 deck external mixing
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Convert

Hows that? I thought Audio 4 has 4 output channels? 4ch=4 decks in Traktor

Maybe im missing something

My audi 8 doesnt have 8 outs ... well it does but 8 mono outs

Maybe i'm missing something ..

Anyone confirm this for me?

Gav
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution