Need help with mapping X-Y pad (Nanopad2) [TRAKTOR]
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Need help with mapping X-Y pad (Nanopad2) [TRAKTOR]

Hello! I wondered if i can map my Nanopad's X-Y pad to Traktor, but i have no idea how to map it.
    So, basically i want to engage FX when I touch X-Y pad, and when i move it, FX parameters change. Unfortunately, i have no idea how to make it work, but i know that it's possible. I just don't have eny experience with MIDI mappings yet.
    Maybe someone can help me out with this.

THANKS!

Bumper
    MY EQUIPMENT SO FAR (kinda sucks, but i'm beginner):
    | Mixtrack Pro | Korg Nanopad2 | TouchOSC Tab. | Lexicon Lambda | Yamaha MM6 synth (for rocking with FL Studio) |

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Okay, so basically your touch pad send three MIDI assignments.

-touch
    -X
    -Y

Let's try to accomplish to activate effect by touching the pad and disengaging it on release of the pad. Assuming you're running Pro 2?

Follow this path: Add In > FX Unit > Button 1 (for i.e.) / type to button / interaction to hold / assign for FX Unit target

Enable LEARN > simply touch the pad (no sliding around) and release it > disable LEARN and test.

you would probably have more luck using midi-ox to determine the messages and inputting them manually into traktor. I had a look at the midi manual but unfortunately it doesn't say what messages they send by default.

http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/...8512690000.pdf
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Okay, so basically your touch pad send three MIDI assignments.

-touch
    -X
    -Y

Let's try to accomplish to activate effect by touching the pad and disengaging it on release of the pad. Assuming you're running Pro 2?

Follow this path: Add In > FX Unit > Button 1 (for i.e.) / type to button / interaction to hold / assign for FX Unit target

Enable LEARN > simply touch the pad (no sliding around) and release it > disable LEARN and test.
    ok, so i configured map as you said, but now FX only engages and wont change anything with touch, but instead of changing D/W it is changing HI equalizer from -100; +100. Maybe thats becouse i use other devices with nanopad?
    | Mixtrack Pro | Korg Nanopad2 | TouchOSC Tab. | Lexicon Lambda | Yamaha MM6 synth (for rocking with FL Studio) |

Do you have other controllers plugged in and if so did you set MIDI to all ports?

Do you have other controllers plugged in and if so did you set MIDI to all ports?
    ok, that was my problem. after setting IN/OUT port to all ports it is working fine now without that jumping HI EQ. But now, how do we change wet/dry FX when moving finger to X-Y pad?

Try this. Add any FX parameter and while LEARN enabled slide your finger left to right (one CC should appear) and forward to back (other CC should pop). So basically, while ether of CC events become assigned simply disable LEARN before you let go of the pad.

This should work in theory, though I'll need your confirmation for further reference.

Try this. Add any FX parameter and while LEARN enabled slide your finger left to right (one CC should appear) and forward to back (other CC should pop). So basically, while ether of CC events become assigned simply disable LEARN before you let go of the pad.

This should work in theory, though I'll need your confirmation for further reference.
    Sorry, I can't figure out how to add FX parameter, what do I have to do?

Just add any Dry/Wet, Knob 1, 2 or 3.

Add In > FX Unit > etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast