Lemur now on iOS! - Page 13
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Alright cool, it can be done and the crossfader mapping is cool but it feels very limited.

Just download djay for the ipad to get an idea what it will be like.
    for sure thanks brotha. now i just have to wait for that ipad 3 to come out.... projections are last first quarter 2012 so march... im praying but the company that supplies a lot of the ipad parts to apple had an explosion at the plant this weekend so that cant be good o.O

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Giving this a shot running beside the S4. Nothing too fancy, just want to test it's stability in a live scenario.

From testing it's a lot more responsive. I also map the out commands to the faders for them to update their position when you change the FX, moving 3 faders mapped this way made TouchOSC stutter quite badly, Lemur can handle 8 with comfort. Like I said before, the menu element wins the day.

Tech Wizard

basic 2 deck traktor template for ipad with 2 volume faders, pitch bend strips, pitch faders, phase meters and track progress meters, 4 fx banks, 3 band eqs with kills, filters, 8 cue points, and 8 different loop lengths. no fancy physics or scripting, just a basic map.
    i didnt like using knobs on the touch screen with the limited space on this template, so i opted for bipolar faders for the eqs, filters, and fx.

http://www.2shared.com/file/RW9u_NT_/Traktor2.html

2 deck traktor layout with twitch like strips, phase meters and track progress (padi_04 thanks). the two faders below the touch strips/phase/progress are for tension (left fader) and friction (right fader) of the pitch bend touch strip (big red one). the fader on the right is a pitch fader. each of the top containers contain fx banks 1/3 on the left and fx 2/4 on the right. each has dry/wet control as well as 3 faders for chained effects or paramaters for advanced effects. there is also an on/off for each fader. in each fx container, there is a menu to select fx 1 or 3 (left) and fx 2 and 4 (right)

there are 2 volume faders for 2 decks. each deck has its own container. the first tab is eq+kills, filter, play/pause, cue (light blue) and sync (orange). the 2nd tab has 8 cue points and auto loop for 8, 4, 2, 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 beat loops. press and hold to loop, release to release loop.
    no tsi file yet, that will be on hold until after Christmas.

if you are going to download this, click the blue "download" button at the bottom of the screen, not whatever the fake download thing in the middle is
    Last edited by dukebd24; 12-23-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Tech Wizard

nice to see people working on a lemur template for ipad.
    screenshots would be nice

Tech Wizard

ill try it out tonight. looks good though.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

@dukebd24, have you mapped the EQs to faders? Thats what i was thinking as i think they would be easier to use than the knobs. The knobs on TouchOSC are shite and hard to use (imho).

Tech Wizard

yeah when i used the knobs it just didnt feel right. so the three horizontal faders are hi mid and low and the one vertical fader is a filter.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Giving this a shot running beside the S4. Nothing too fancy, just want to test it's stability in a live scenario.

From testing it's a lot more responsive. I also map the out commands to the faders for them to update their position when you change the FX, moving 3 faders mapped this way made TouchOSC stutter quite badly, Lemur can handle 8 with comfort. Like I said before, the menu element wins the day.

Can you share how you mapped the menu? I managed to map one that would display the selected effect correctly, but couldnt get it to select the proper effect. Any tips would be great. Thanks!

Tech Wizard

in search of a video of someone scratching with ipad + lemur pleaseee! will be forever grateful!

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast