Dustin V's Set Up - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DJKW905 View Post
    Really like the set up !!! IM ON A BOAT!!!!
    Thanks bro, appreciate it.

You on a boat? What boat?
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

"Reserved for future updates"

In the next cpl of months my set up will change a bit, namely the Twitch will be replaced by the S2, and my Pioneer 2000's will be replaced by custom Senneiser HD 25's.

2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

i dont think the s4 is too big to travel.. ?
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

Tech Convert

Hi Mate i also have a twitch that i am currently running on serato itch but also use traktor.i love the twitch but need a bit more control over samples so am thinking of getting a kontrol x1.
    I have a few questions :
    Can i use the x1 on itch with the twitch .
    if so how do you connect them up and map them i only have 1 usb slot on my laptop.

can i use the x1 on Traktor with the twitch.
    if so how do you connect them up and map them i only have 1 usb slot on my laptop.

i intend to use the x1 solely for samples.

p.s. i started with an xponent and traktor which was a good learning controller.

Quote Originally Posted by lucasmanning View Post
    i dont think the s4 is too big to travel.. ?
    Well its not to big to put in a backpack and lug around the city for gigs, parties etc, but for someone who travels and flies a lot its to big IMO.

Most airlines won't allow the S4 in a carry on bag as it's slightly larger than their carry on restrictions. I fly internationally up to 6 times a year including many connections, and thats where it gets tricky. The S4 was just to much of a hassle to transport around, not like moving around the city from club to club.

I'll be buying the S2 soon as thats exactly what I'm looking for, the S4 qualities that I love but in a smaller easier to transport package.

Quote Originally Posted by Poshchairs View Post
    Hi Mate i also have a twitch that i am currently running on serato itch but also use traktor.i love the twitch but need a bit more control over samples so am thinking of getting a kontrol x1.
    I have a few questions :
    Can i use the x1 on itch with the twitch .

can i use the x1 on Traktor with the twitch.

i intend to use the x1 solely for samples.

p.s. i started with an xponent and traktor which was a good learning controller.
    Hey poshchairs, congrats on getting the Twitch, its a great controller and works amazingly with Itch IMO.

To answer your questions, as far a I know you can't use the X1 with Itch. I'm not 100% sure on this though as I've actually never tried.

You can however use the X1 with the Twitch on Traktor. I've done that many times and its an excellent combo. I actually made my most recent mix using both of them together on Traktor.

Its very easy to set up too. Just plug in both controllers, start up Traktor and Traktor will read both controllers. Go to your preferences and choose the Twitch as you your primary controller in your audio settings. The X1 will work automatically with Traktor. As you only have one USB hub I'd recommend getting a USB hub to connect everything.

Another thing (but this just might be my OP) is that I didn't like the Traktor mapping supplied by Novation. Yes it works, but its far from great, and it just gets the job done simple. Its been mapped very basic, and this is also one reason why the X1 worked really well with the Twitch. I also had issues with hearing my cued tracks in my headphones with Traktor, it didn't work at all, luckily I knew my tracks that I was playing, and that they were properly analyzed and beatgridded.

Tech Convert

How do you like those HDJ-2000's?

Thumbs up

Hey guys just a little update to my set up.

In the next 2 weeks it will be changing a bit. First will be the S2 replacing the Twitch, and 2nd will be a pair of custom Sennheiser HD25 1-ii's replacing the Pioneer HDJ 2000's.

The changes all come down to personal preferences, both of the items I'm changing are excellent, and are really great products. I'm a Traktor guy and I think after playing with the Twitch for the last 4 months I think that the S2 will better suit my needs.

The custom headphones are being made by a company called Custom Cans, based out in the UK. They will mod practically any pair of headphones and their work is sick! I'll be posting a full review once I get them in 2 weeks.

Check them out here...

http://customcans.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by TheDJRemi View Post
    How do you like those HDJ-2000's?
    Well They are excellent headphones. There's a reason why so many pro's are using them right?

But on the other hand I'll actually be selling them for the Sennheiser's. After using and gigging with them for the last year I found personally that they were quite heavy and hurt my ears after long periods of time.

I'm not flaming them, they are a great pair of headphones, its just my personal preference. You should check them out if you can.

Some more updates guys!

Just jumped at the DJTT S2 deal, and ordered it! I also bought some new yellow DJTT knobs and faders for my X1. Super stoked, can't wait till I get my order!

I'll be posting up updated pics as soon as I get my new gear!

Banned

I just got that deal also. Im sure you'll enjoy it
    The s2 is really an excellent compact mixer. You can do unlimited things with it.
    No complaints at all.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast