Shorten your RCA cables to avoid clutter - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

OK here's a pic. Based on the link above, it looks like this wire is made for a TRS type connection (3 leads rather than 2). I used a multimeter and it tells me that there is current in both of the sleeved wires to different parts of the RCA connector on the other end of the cable - nothing happens when I touch the stranded wire and touch the other end. So I'm guessing I use the lead that is connected to the outer part of the RCA connector as the ground, and ignore the stranded wire? Or is there some reason the ground wire should be stranded like that?

Attachment 7349
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

hehe, have used the same connectors as in the op's picture to make me 2x 1.5m and 2x 1m cables for my 4 cdj's.

and the 4x 1m cables for the 4 virtual decks are in the making ^^

selfmade cables 4TW!! ;o)

in the end you get cables of an BETTER QUALITY as you can buy, for a waaaaay less the money the best ones you can buy cost, the best deal a musician can make ^^
    ( www.sickinc.org ~ a psychedelic trance ritual )

I'm having huge problems finding decent cable, I guess you'd want shielded 4-core, doesn't seem to be available anywhere around here.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

I'm an electrician and I use some real high end 4 core shielded cable at work il get the name of it tomorrow the only downside is it is pink but I'm sure it could easily be sleeved over

If you want thick cable, you can use Home Depot power cords:

http://www.theanalogdept.com/hd14.htm
    nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Electros2 View Post
    I'm an electrician and I use some real high end 4 core shielded cable at work il get the name of it tomorrow the only downside is it is pink but I'm sure it could easily be sleeved over
    Hah, pink cables would be awesome!

I managed to find a cable called "Microphone cable" at the local hardware store, but it was 2 conductors only, and not shielded. It did have a very thick insulation however, and bent very easily, felt like a pro XLR cable, if I could find something like that with 4 conductors I'd be set
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

@proben. Either split the braided for a gound and use the red and yellow as left and right, or ignore the braided and use red or yellow for signal, and the other for ground. Just match the same on the other end.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123