dave04045's Setup. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

in 1982 at 17 I had two cassette decks, a turntable, a radio shack mixer, a 80 watt pioneer home stereo receiver, 4 three way technics home stereo speakers with a 12 inch woofer.
    I started doing mobile gigs with that setup. I did school events, college house parties, etc.
    I did not attempt any formal events like weddings, proms, etc because I knew the equipment was inferior.

I re-invested all of my money for several years, and now I have a full time business with more gear than I know what to do with

Simple but highly capable!! what more could you need? I think its a great little set up and i bet you can make some really nice noises with it! Honestly when you see people on here with 5 CDJ's, 8 1210's, 10 Maschines and a million x1's its just complete overkill!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Convert

I signed up today to ask a simple tech question – but couldn’t resist giving you a kudos first. Like everyone has told – we start somewhere.

I’ve been spinning since it truly was spinning! I felt guilty switching over to CDs and have just recently gave in to Digital DJing. (Still feels like cheating by the way – wink)

Anyway, I bought my first set of speakers from Lowe’s. Yep – that’s right! The DIY Home Improvement Store. Way back then they carried this HUGE and HEAVY set of speakers that actually didn’t sound too bad in smaller venues. Perfect for the smaller honky tonks I was playing in. I think I used those for two years. And I remember how excited I was when I was finally able to go buy a pair of “real” speakers from the local audio/sound store. Even then they were some off brand. I don’t even remember the name now. But they lasted about a year. I’ve been pro equipment ever since.

Buy as you can but not until you need to. Have fun!!
    How can your life change is you don't change?

CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I started with a RMX too!!
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Student

started with a gemini "dj in a box" =)

Tech Student

gotta start somewhere little homie! do work brotha!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    I started with a RMX too!!

RMX is a beast of a controller

Tech Wizard

Hey guys, I just got a Kontrol X1 for Christmas. I also moved to a new desk and expanded it with some Ikea parts. I'll put a picture up later!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dave04045 View Post
    Hey guys, I just got a Kontrol X1 for Christmas. I also moved to a new desk and expanded it with some Ikea parts. I'll put a picture up later!
    Sounds cool!!
    How can your life change is you don't change?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast