The Louie V's Setup. - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Tech Student

It's a great evolution of a setup but also a terrific story. I love hearing how you started by carrying crates and covering piss breaks. You were born for this mate, and seeing your focus and dedication over the years is really terrific. Good on you!

Tech Mentor

so how do you like the Hdx? I saw a really cheap one on craigslist. I use a traktor and dicers btw

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    I still love that Korg Zero8, how has that been treating you?
    (Did you use it with Mac or PC by the way?)
    Its been great. But its collect a layer of dust so i think its time to part with it... really dont want to but there is other gear i need more. And I've been using it with a mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    It's a great evolution of a setup but also a terrific story. I love hearing how you started by carrying crates and covering piss breaks. You were born for this mate, and seeing your focus and dedication over the years is really terrific. Good on you!
    Thank you! I work at a store that sells equipment and its funny that i get some guys that come in and dont expect me to know what Im selling, or they tell me about the good ol' days and I re-assure them that I've been in the lifestyle for over 15 years now. Another wierd tidbit is how within the last transition from electro to house/minimal i really do feel like im starting all over, only with a much bigger black book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydon34 View Post
    so how do you like the Hdx? I saw a really cheap one on craigslist. I use a traktor and dicers btw
    They are great. the CD drives have given out, and honestly i can see myself replacing them with offerings from Pioneer very soon, but they have been really good to me.

OMG. It looks like the gear acquisition syndrome. I'll have to call a doctor!

I can imagine you setup is lot of fun! Nice evolution.
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

Tech Convert

Awesome pics and rig!

Tech Convert

Wow, thats a massive set up. Do you only use Traktor atm, not Ableton? Also I would appreciate it if you would'nt mind, explaining what you use the different gear for? I assume you don't normally bring all that gear to a gig

Some Updated pics from 07/06/2012

Quote Originally Posted by RockingClub View Post
    OMG. It looks like the gear acquisition syndrome. I'll have to call a doctor!

I can imagine you setup is lot of fun! Nice evolution.
    I called the doctor, he gave me some sleep meds and a referral to a therapist... LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by justlookinghere View Post
    Awesome pics and rig!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Wow, thats a massive set up. Do you only use Traktor atm, not Ableton? Also I would appreciate it if you would'nt mind, explaining what you use the different gear for? I assume you don't normally bring all that gear to a gig
    Yes, at the moment I'm strictly using Traktor, however I did re-purpose the Korg Zero 8 and the APC20 for Ableton, haven't really used it much though.

As far as my setup, Nope, i don't take it all. At my gigs I'm provided with 2 CDJ-2000's and a DJM-900, Xone DB2/4, Xone92 or DJM-2000. I have a rough image of all the clubs I play at so some gigs I only take an X1 and an F1 and some gigs I'm able to take 2 F1's an X1 and my Maschine.

The way use everything is as follows:
    CDJ-2000's as media control
    DJM-900 as mixer
    Kontrol X1 as transport controls
    Kontrol F1's to control remix decks, and have midi page set with a ton of effects presets and transport controls
    Mashine is on its way out. It has a nice VU meter which is why i like it so much but I've mapped my FX presets and transport controls to the F1's so its being phased out.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie_V View Post
    I called the doctor, he gave me some sleep meds and a referral to a therapist... LMAO!
    Alright! Thanks for the good news. Then I won't have to worry any longer

Quote Originally Posted by RockingClub View Post
    Alright! Thanks for the good news. Then I won't have to worry any longer
    Umm.... Nope you do still need to worry...

Whamm! Another big shot!
    Looking forward to hear about it. Maybe you'll even want to shoot a short demo video. Very much interested in its capabilities. I was thinking about buying one as an effect unit for music production purposes (+double function: could be used in my DJing sets as well)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast