VCI-400 Problem - Page 9
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: VCI-400 Problem

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dj_eddie_gr View Post
    If only we could have a 3rd modifier condition to use.....
    Wouldn't that be swell...............

Would be heaven if the conditions could be stuff like (effect param 1 > 0.7).

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dj_eddie_gr View Post
    I think you can have 2 modifiers for receiving or sending a command. So you could map One condition to be the which player is focused (deck switch) and another condition ,which layer are the soft buttons (front swith (SW 84-89) so the leds are corresponding in the appropriate situation...
    I might not be following you but that's the thing... You can't make the LEDs change color without changing (A/C) or front switch though, right? If I'm wrong it's just good news...

I'll post details as soon as I get mine VCI-400 ,and have a check on it ,in about 1-2 weeks.
    Macbook Pro 13" i7 2.7GHz 8Gb (OSX 10.7.5)
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2
    iPad 3 (+ Lemur & touch OSC)
    Allen & Heath XD-53 / Crane Laptop Stand

Tech Wizard

damm..i tried some of the website posted i.e. deck.co, djkit, etc and they don't seem to ship to the US..just my luck...the search continues.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by basicz View Post
    damm..i tried some of the website posted i.e. deck.co, djkit, etc and they don't seem to ship to the US..just my luck...the search continues.
    did you try thomann?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/vestax_vci_400.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/helpdesk_sh...01&country=usa

DHL-Flatrate 30.00 EUR shipping fee.
    Last edited by RD444; 11-29-2011 at 01:55 PM.

I've ordered mine from MusicStore. Check out there too
    Macbook Pro 13" i7 2.7GHz 8Gb (OSX 10.7.5)
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2
    iPad 3 (+ Lemur & touch OSC)
    Allen & Heath XD-53 / Crane Laptop Stand

Tech Wizard

thank you both for the websites.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by umairmalikg View Post
    I am also in a same problem... I also need help...
    which problem?

Tech Student

Default Information Request

Hi,

I've been reading through the pages on this post and it looks like the peeps on here might be able to answer the questions I've got about the VCI400 & Traktor.

I've been DJ'ing for years, going from vinyl, to CDJ to final scratch to Traktor Scratch Pro 2 to give a bit of background. I'm looking at getting a controller as I need a smaller set up in my studio rebuild I'm undertaking in the new year.

I've been doing research on them for a while and the one thats caught my attention is the Vestax VCI-400 due to the layout, 4 deck operability along with 4 dedicated channel mixers, overall layout and also the ability to easily change and mark whats what is useful as well. I currently use a NI kontrol x1 alongside vinyl time control for looping etc and wanted to get something that did the vinyl control as well, so needs jog wheels. I've looked at the S4 but i'm not sold on the layout of it as much as the Vestax. The only thing I'm not sure about is I keep seeing its designed for Traktor Pro, not scratch. You can probably see where I'm heading here, but it raises the question that, is it going to play nice with Traktor scratch or is it going to need totally re-mapping and if so, how does that affect the jog wheel timing (lag etc) compared to vinyl control.

Ideally I wanted an all in one controller that I can plug into the Mac, alongside my other music hardware and ideally run one 1210 through the controller as well for monitoring when sampling etc. although this isn't a complete deal breaker as I can just plug that into my audio6 soundcard.

Is this a pipe dream controller or can the VCI-400 do what I want? I guess the main question I need to get an answer for is, will it work with just the software element of Traktor scratch as a controller, acting as my current djm600 & 1210's do but with the added extra of the cue point control etc built in or is it going to want me to get Traktor Pro? as I don't really want to have 2 different versions of whats essentially the same software. Does that make sense or am I being thick and thats what it does but I just don't realise it??

An honest answer is appreciated, I know I'm asking a lot but any help would be appreciated.

Tech Mentor

Since you asked for honesty - it's not really clear what you're asking...

I'll do my best to answer though.

1) Phono input is not an option in VCI.

2) If you're asking whether you'll miss the feel of vinyl control, I have no way of knowing sorry... some do, I don't. Using a set-top mixer and two 1210's to control tracks and volumes are quite different from using a single controller. You can't compare them really, until you familiarize yourself with the one you're not used to. You may not like it at first, you may always miss the vinyl feel, I can't tell. I felt sort of smaller and weaker when I switched to controllers but my current set up doesn't even have jog wheels and I'm having a grand time.

3) The feel of jog scratching in TP2 vs. TSP2 should be identical.

4) The mappings are the same. You just can't use scratch vinyl's with TP2 ->so no, there is no perceivable reason for you to want to go Traktor Pro.
    Last edited by DJ MiCL; 12-02-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast