VCI-400 Problem - Page 7
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: VCI-400 Problem

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by basicz View Post
    want to give me the website where you bought your vci?
    www.Decks.co.uk sapphires london.
    Last edited by RD444; 11-28-2011 at 05:37 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ MiCL View Post
    Burky, no need to fix map by yourself.

Vestax updated their .tsi

http://help.vestax.co.jp/ja/usr_data...v1.0.1.tsi.zip

Looks like they deleted the Gerenic MIDI device altogether.

Maybe this fixes other issues as well

Cheers for the heads up dude

no file included to explain any changes from vestax. I kind of prefer to have a manual filter on off to do sweeps then back to normal. How different is the new map?

..also Vestax are now sending me the OverRay* Stickers for the decks (*overlay lol)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by RD444 View Post
    How different is the new map?
    I didn't take a close look because I don't and won't own a VCI-400 but at a quick glance at the file, it looks like the older one had a bunch of mappings in the Generic Midi device that seems to be deleted altogether. Guess they left some unnecessary MIDI maps in the firs distribution. A whole lot some... Rather surprised the filter issue was the only conflicting one??

I now what you mean with the filter. It's kind of hard to sharply snap it back to center position. I think it's the same with most controllers/mixers out there....

DJ controllers could use a few "bend knobs" I think. Perfect for that kind of purpose. Twist, release, springs back to center. Could have a twist, pull then latched kind of feature as well. Maybe I should patent it before I post this........

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ MiCL View Post
    I didn't take a close look because I don't and won't own a VCI-400 but at a quick glance at the file, it looks like the older one had a bunch of mappings in the Generic Midi device that seems to be deleted altogether. Guess they left some unnecessary MIDI maps in the firs distribution. A whole lot some... Rather surprised the filter issue was the only conflicting one??

I now what you mean with the filter. It's kind of hard to sharply snap it back to center position. I think it's the same with most controllers/mixers out there....

DJ controllers could use a few "bend knobs" I think. Perfect for that kind of purpose. Twist, release, springs back to center. Could have a twist, pull then latched kind of feature as well. Maybe I should patent it before I post this........
    I might map the edge bottom buttons to filter on off, but would that conflict with the current setting? Also theres no key lock button, does no-one use key lock these days.

I just leave key lock ON always...
    Macbook Pro 13" i7 2.7GHz 8Gb (OSX 10.7.5)
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2
    iPad 3 (+ Lemur & touch OSC)
    Allen & Heath XD-53 / Crane Laptop Stand

Tech Convert

Glad to see that you guys like this magnificent piece of dj controller as much as I do.
    I think we'll have a lot of fun with the VCI 400.

But I still have to figure out how to map the scratch function to my jog wheels.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JP3000 View Post
    Glad to see that you guys like this magnificent piece of dj controller as much as I do.
    I think we'll have a lot of fun with the VCI 400.

But I still have to figure out how to map the scratch function to my jog wheels.
    Update traktor and set midi channel to all on the map.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by RD444 View Post
    I might map the edge bottom buttons to filter on off, but would that conflict with the current setting? Also theres no key lock button, does no-one use key lock these days.
    Don't know, don't thinks so from what I remember but you can map it and sort by Mapping to see if there are multiple functions assigned to the same midi (they will be highlighted)

When mapping the VCI-400, you want to remember that:

1) Flipping the A/C B/D switch will change the midi signals of:
    12 Pads, Pitch Fader, Jog Wheel, Vinyl mode button.

2) Flipping through the play mode switch will change the midi signals of:
    The 6 soft-touch buttons.

So if you always want a filter on/off on the surface, you're going to need to map it for all three modes.

I'd map it to the "sync" button and map sync to one of the soft touch buttons.

All the controls in the mixer section stay the same no matter what mode you're in.
    Last edited by DJ MiCL; 11-28-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast