VCI-400 Problem - Page 6
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: VCI-400 Problem

Tech Mentor

i found out there is more info on a download pdf from vestax called "OverRays.pdf" is the overlays document

explains the traktor map

although i didn't actually get the traktor overlays with the unit (ie the sticker)
    i only got blank ones

http://www.vestax.com/v/products/det...86&parent_id=8

http://help.vestax.co.jp/ja/usr_data...0/OverRays.pdf

Tech Mentor

Would you be so kind as to do a video displaying the unit?

the only videos online are of the preproduction units....

I'm seriously considering selling up the DJM-800 and other controllers i have and buying this, this week!
    Macbook/DJM800/2x Kontrol x1's/Traktor Scratch Pro

Tech Convert

Default Vci 400

Well i have now decided i am selling my S4 and buying the VCI400 in the UK mainly for two reasons...

1. Since selling my VCI 100 Arcade i have missed the Vestax Jog wheels and solid metal build,

2. The S4 is a plastic pile of crap, sorry crap's too strong a word for a highly functional piece of kit that cost the earth on release, but it has gotten away with murder for it's " feel ", it feels like a pile of crap! For all the time i've used it i have never fully forgiven it. My 1210's are solid, my Pioneer mixer is solid.. if controllers are to get any real credibility they should be solid too.

I'm sure being an open source controller the Vestax will be FULLY mappable by the ordinary user, unlike the S4 where at this point if you map the unit yourself you lose the led readout on the controller, now that's a pisstake.

For all the time the S4 has been out there has been no real customisations apart from Knobs and Skins could that be because the S4 is that good or is it because it is uninspiring.

Tech Mentor

instead of an actual sticker for the unit..... vestax include a pdf?

PSU with rotating pins

plug pins rotate 360 degrees

Tech Wizard

awesome blossom thank you RD444 you've been so much help...and by the looks of it i can just use an eu to usa power converter and it'll work..cant wait to get this...sold all my equipment, now i just need a website to buy it from.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by basicz View Post
    awesome blossom thank you RD444 you've been so much help...and by the looks of it i can just use an eu to usa power converter and it'll work..cant wait to get this...sold all my equipment, now i just need a website to buy it from.

make sure you haggle bro (mine was £620) other people got ones for even less when i read through this post.

i think the psu is the same as the vci300 (but check) so you could get a USA vci300 psu maybe. I dont know enough about these things

good luck sorting it out

Tech Wizard

want to give me the website where you bought your vci?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Burky View Post
    so i check it with the EQ Mapping. This works fine, all the way up and down. But when i manual map the Filter, the same Shit again.

In the Mapping tsi ist no Filter ON Mapping. I have the same Idea...but there is no Mapping Filter ON, that really suprised me...
    Sorry if I missed someone else already solved this?

Hi Burky,

Yes there is a "Filter on" mapping. It's in "General MIDI" though - probably why you missed it.

It's mapped to CC16 of CH3-6(for A-D respectively) Looks like the Knob rotation is mapped also so that it "holds" the filter ON. Probably thought it was a pretty clever idea to physically stop sending the message at center when the led is off (thus releasing the hold state) but totally forgot that hold is also released at CC value 0!

I would suggest you just delete the four "Filter on" messages, but you should also check that the CC value for the Knob is 63 or 64 (or -0% or 0% on the GUI) as soon as LED goes off, or else you could be fooled that the filter is in active just because the LED is off.

Don't understand why they didn't stick to their old "send a note at center click" method.

I reported this to Vestax Japan.

Last edited by DJ MiCL; 11-28-2011 at 02:46 AM. Reason: additional info.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by RD444 View Post
    i found out there is more info on a download pdf from vestax called "OverRays.pdf" is the overlays document
    Vestax is totally overrayted, man

They fixed the link for the overlay.

http://help.vestax.co.jp/ja/usr_data...0/Overlays.pdf

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ MiCL View Post
    Yes there is a "Filter on" mapping. It's in "General MIDI" though - probably why you missed it.
    Burky, no need to fix map by yourself.

Vestax updated their .tsi

http://help.vestax.co.jp/ja/usr_data...v1.0.1.tsi.zip

Looks like they deleted the Gerenic MIDI device altogether.

Maybe this fixes other issues as well

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast