VCI-400 Problem - Page 5
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: VCI-400 Problem

Tech Mentor

cheers guys

quick update

i tried Traktor 2.2.1.1 and scratch moves the deck now but ony by a very tiny amount, 300 turns to 1 second of music!.

any ideas whats happening?

Tech Mentor

Since this is available via Thomann, I'm seriously considering picking one of these up, it really appears to be all I want, 4 deck control, small footprint, useable jogwheels....

Hmmm.

To sell my djm800 or not?
    Macbook/DJM800/2x Kontrol x1's/Traktor Scratch Pro

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by RD444 View Post
    cheers guys

quick update

i tried Traktor 2.2.1.1 and scratch moves the deck now but ony by a very tiny amount, 300 turns to 1 second of music!.

any ideas whats happening?
    i found out i had to set MIDI input and output to 'all channels' not 'just vci400.'

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by basicz View Post
    Ive been thinking about buying this, but im from the US. is there a difference if i get it shipped to me? Like power converter, etc. Or is this product going to be identical to the ones we (US) will get in march mext year? Thanks for the reply.
    the power converter is like the vci 300 (i'm not 100% if its identical) but has a clip on swivel bit on the end. I'll post some pictures later with more info.

Tech Wizard

the power converter is like the vci 300 (i'm not 100% if its identical) but has a clip on swivel bit on the end. I'll post some pictures later with more info.
    thank you so much!

i found out i had to set MIDI input and output to 'all channels' not 'just vci400.'
    Ouch! So I am going to have to move my other devices OFF of the channels that VCI400 uses (not possible on some of mine )... otherwise sending data on channel 1 for example, will result in lots of my other controllers lighting up when Traktor sends a midi on message (several are on channel 1). Will also mean conversely that input commands will be doubled up (change something on one of my other 'channel 1' controllers and it may well activate a function on the VCI400.

Any ideas how many channels the VCI400 uses? Which channels does it use by default?

Thanks,

escapemcp
    http://soundcloud.com/escapemcp

Found manual on Vestax site, and it has all the info there on channels etc (page 22 of manual).

PC/Mhac, Traktor 2, Citronic MP-X10, 2 x Kam KCD450, Behringer BCD3000, Echo Audio Layla 3G, Numark EM-460 w/Kaoss Pad, Shure C606, Carlsbro Tytan PA, Turbosound TXD121 12" Tops, Reloop RHP-20
    http://soundcloud.com/escapemcp

Tech Mentor

Is the stock mapping fully useable out of the box?
    Macbook/DJM800/2x Kontrol x1's/Traktor Scratch Pro

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by escapemcp View Post
    Found manual on Vestax site, and it has all the info there on channels etc (page 22 of manual).
    glad you got sorted

it's a shame they havent included a guide to what the buttons are mapped for as regards the traktor map? I've had a look through the pokey Traktor window but its a real pain to find things out that way. I might write to them.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by eeloe View Post
    Is the stock mapping fully useable out of the box?

yeah its pretty good

still a few bits i don't know

i put x x for the buttons i dont know, also is there a button to lock the pitch?

shift and bottom right small buttons (in the 4x3 pad)
    changes hotcues/move/beat grid per deck

shift and bottom right on right side changes deck c and d size
    shift and bottom right on left side changes views

middle bit does the record stuff section, mini fader adjust wet dry (i banked the fader out with my text sorry)

Traktor has a really crappy use of space with the FX and record stuff at the top so to see the FX you have 2 huge blank spaces.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast