VCI-400 Problem - Page 4
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: VCI-400 Problem

Tech Wizard

I have that i want it now, ill but it now mentality..lol and a couple hundred bucks isnt that much when compared to how long the vci will get released in the US...4+ months? Thats like a dollar or so a day..i could live with that.

Can you direct me to a UK website that is in english? Thank you for the response and help!

the german musicstore ships internationally.. not sure about the US though..

http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/CHF/V...DJE0004305-000
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Student

www.thomann.de < ships to the US on request.

Hi there! New to the forum. I've ordered my VCI-400 yesterday from MusicStore. 899 Euros for Greece. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I'll need some help with the mapping but I think I'm in the right place....

Tech Mentor

I had a go on mine today and can't get it to scratch through tracks

It's not the touch sensitivity, and i can see the jog wheel light change colour. The track stops when i touch or move the wheel but it doesn't scratch or move through the song at all?

If i hold shift (modifier 1) and the wheel it does 'seek position' but i can get it to scratch.

Is my controller faulty or do i have funny settings.

Is scratch working on other people's VCI400s?

Quote Originally Posted by RD444 View Post
    I had a go on mine today and can't get it to scratch through tracks

It's not the touch sensitivity, and i can see the jog wheel light change colour. The track stops when i touch or move the wheel but it doesn't scratch or move through the song at all?

If i hold shift (modifier 1) and the wheel it does 'seek position' but i can get it to scratch.

Is my controller faulty or do i have funny settings.

Is scratch working on other people's VCI400s?
    is guess you have the (crappy) official vestax tsi. is the vinyl button lit? did you actually map the seek function?
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    is guess you have the (crappy) official vestax tsi. is the vinyl button lit? did you actually map the seek function?
    hi

I have the map i got from the vestax site. It had the seek position mapped to Shift(M1) and wheel. but no normal scratch?

I looked through the tiny pokey traktor window and it doesnt look like scratch has been mapped? so much for the out of box experience lol. Should i write to Vestax or is it easy to map scratch?

Tech Wizard

RD444: TSI work only with Traktor 2 2.1.1. In version 2.0.3 not work jog for scratch. 2.1.1 has a different function for mapping the jog wheel.

Filter knob not send midi command in left and center position. Version 2.1.1 has a new mapping command for filter and if not send MIDI commands from knob, Traktor set the filter off.
    Pitch fader not send midi command in center position (when led light red)

With a sound I have the same problem. If load track to next deck, sound crackling. If switch form fullscreen mode to normal or switch to other application, sound crackling and drops out to 1-2 sec. It did increase the maximum latency. CPU indicator in Traktor is at 20-30%.
    Tested here on three computers (Win XP, Vista, win 7, ram 2, 4 GB, cpu AMD, Intel dual core 2.8GHz, Traktor Pro 1.2.8, 2.0.3, 2.1.1).
    Traktor + VCI400 only as controller without sound card + Audio8DJ working properly, latency 4ms. In Virtual DJ sound working properly too.

ASIO4ALL not applicable because VCI-400 driver not WDM (only ASIO).

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    RD444: TSI work only with Traktor 2 2.1.1. In version 2.0.3 not work jog for scratch. 2.1.1 has a different function for mapping the jog wheel.

Filter knob not send midi command in left and center position. Version 2.1.1 has a new mapping command for filter and if not send MIDI commands from knob, Traktor set the filter off.
    Pitch fader not send midi command in center position (when led light red)

With a sound I have the same problem. If load track to next deck, sound crackling. If switch form fullscreen mode to normal or switch to other application, sound crackling and drops out to 1-2 sec. It did increase the maximum latency. CPU indicator in Traktor is at 20-30%.
    Tested here on three computers (Win XP, Vista, win 7, ram 2, 4 GB, cpu AMD, Intel dual core 2.8GHz, Traktor Pro 1.2.8, 2.0.3, 2.1.1).
    Traktor + VCI400 only as controller without sound card + Audio8DJ working properly, latency 4ms. In Virtual DJ sound working properly too.

ASIO4ALL not applicable because VCI-400 driver not WDM (only ASIO).
    Cheers

Very good info

I think i am using an older traktor. I don't upgrade until I have to. Now i have to upgrade :eek:.

Many Thanks I'll post back when its all sorted

Quote Originally Posted by RD444 View Post
    Cheers

Very good info

I think i am using an older traktor. I don't upgrade until I have to. Now i have to upgrade :eek:.

Many Thanks I'll post back when its all sorted
    Could just remap - in 2.1.1 think it's called jog scratch. You would need to delete this and enter the following commands for each jog:

In <2.0.3, you need to map
    1) "Scratch" to Jogwheel
    2) "Scratch on" to the midi note that gets sent when you touch the jogwheel
    3) Um... *think* it's jog search/pitch bend (someone help me here!) to the jogwheel.

That will result in a jog that bends when using the outside surface, and stops the record and scratches when you touch the jogwheel like vinyl. Sensitivity can be adjusted individually for the pitch bend and scratch modes.

Seeing that I may have helped you out... my fees are not cheap. Give me your 400 & we'll call it quits! :eek:

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast